Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One One Inbred – Frame Sizing
  • butcher

Would you say they are large, or small? Or average?

I’m thinking about getting one. Being 5’8″ with short legs I usually ride in 16″ territory. This would be for an all day long haul bike, commuting, road rides, occasional light off-road, so don’t mind it being a little bigger – it won’t be getting chucked about down trails. Possibly set-up with drop bars…

mboy
    Free Member

On One’s size up long.

At 5ft8 I’d say you definitely want a 16″, an 18″ will be too big.

carlphillips
    Free Member

16″ for you, I’m 5’10” and used to ride a 16″.

butcher

Cheers guys. I was almost swaying towards an 18″ too…

Bucko

I’m 5ft 9 and ride a 16″

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with short legs and ride an 18″ which fits perfectly. Definately 16″ for you !

nuke

Yep, definitely 16″. 5′ 9″ on a 16″ here.

skywalker
    Free Member

You would be much better off with a kids 24″ wheel Apollo from Halfords, excellent value for money and very chuckable due to its small size.

bentandbroken

Thread resurrection!

I’m 5’10”, but have long legs (34″ from memory). Would an 18″ be right for me?

sv

Yes – probably…

nbt

I’m 5’9″ and have 32″ legs. I can ride an 18″ but a 16″ felt much better. You could go either way, personally I’d go smaller frame and longer seatpost if there’s a choice

jonba
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 with long legs and got an 18″. On the limit of a 350mm post so wouldn’t have wanted the 16″. Fits fine.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

5’8 with the legs of a corgi and the 16 was spot on for me.

asbrooks

jonba, What is the measurement from the center of bottom bracket to the top of the cross bar? I currently ride an old marin bearvalley sized at 17 but measures 17″ from center top tube to center bottom bracket the stand over is very tight, but the top tube length is about right. To me an inbred looks like a good solution for me, however I’m not sure on the size. Also having disk brakes in the wet weather would be an advantage.
    Any help will be greatly received.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One One Inbred – Frame Sizing’ is closed to new replies.