Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One One Inbread single speed build problem (rear brake ) please help
  • fozworth
    Free Member

Im building an One One Inbread ss frame up .All has been going nicely until i fitted the chain. On the rear im using new hope x2 calipers and a 140mm rotor.Not a problem you might think but ive found that using a 140 rotor with the hope mount wont allow you to move the caliper back any more than about 4-5mm in the frame caliper mount lugs.With the caliper as far forward as it can go it lines up with the rotor fine but when i fit the chain if i take up the slack it brings the rotor back out of the caliper which wouldnt be a problem if the caliper didnt foul on the rear dropout/frame thus stopping you relining the disc with the pads.
    The only way i can see out of this fix is to go up to a 160mm rotor and hope the hope(f) IS mount raises the caliper enough to clear the frame so i can slide the caliper back and forwards for adjustment.
    The main problem is you have to shorten or lengthen the chain by two links at a time.If it was by only one link i think i could just about get away with it .
    Hope this makes sence but wondered if anyone is running an inbread s/s specific frame with hope x2 calipers and if so what size rear rotor?

brant
    Free Member

Half link

fozworth
    Free Member

Can I use a half link chain on a 3/32 chain ring as I new to s/s and had bought a 9 speed chain to go with my sprockets . £40 worth of kmc 9sl no less 🙁

fozworth
    Free Member

Have now decided to go with a 160 rear rotor and mount which will lift the caliper by 20mm which should clear the frame drop out. Spoke to Onone who said they have had similar issues and that the inbread ss frame is better suited to a 160mm rear rotor,I only wish it had sudjusted that in the spec sheet as it wouldf have save alot of messing and now a race lite Hope 140 rotor i cant return .

Straightliner

Shimano chain pin, not a SRAM Powerlink as you effecitvely take out half a link, not a full one?

STATO
    Free Member

Spoke to Onone who said they have had similar issues and that the inbread ss frame is better suited to a 160mm rear rotor,I only wish it had sudjusted that in the spec sheet as it wouldf have save alot of messing and now a race lite Hope 140 rotor i cant return

They have always known, i think it was even noted in some of their early sales info. But as always with on-one, providing information is not included in their bargain price model.

rob
    Free Member

Needed a 180 rotor for magura julies

wwaswas

I had to run 180mm with a c456 and Magura Marta’s – they don’t do the ‘caliper over the seatstay’ bolt on bits for SS.

Been alright with the newer Magura calipers @ 160mm on a scandal SS, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One One Inbread single speed build problem (rear brake ) please help’ is closed to new replies.