Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One for the Weightweenies…
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

AX 55g saddle

When i win the lottery on friday i will have one of these on my bike 🙂

mtbfix

Madness. Comfort is probably not high on the list of features.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

The ax saddle is nice but i feel that the tune concorde is a nicer saddle.
    The sides curve over to form rails and so negating the need for a proper 'core' and rails set-up.

because of its design, the saddle flexes a good amount giving a little extra comfort.

i do however like the look of the ax zeus stem at £860!!!

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

sorry my mistake, the zeus stem is £560

its the thm fibula brakes which are £860!!!

njee20
    Free Member

Anything on that website is for the Weight Weenies!

Zeus stems are only €630, a bargain!

The seatposts are staggeringly thin walled, and no good for 'cross:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Carbon shards up the posterior? Nasty.

Gary_M
    Free Member

might be better looking at something like this at only 20g heavier.

I use one on my road bike and it really is pretty comfortable – no issues with it on 100+ mile rides. But then again I've always been happy with flite saddles. It was one of those on-one offers when they sell things way below rrp, I paid under £100 for it. I usually think about these offers for too long and miss the boat but went for it on this one.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm a weenie, but not for me. Have a Speedneedle which has only been ridden a couple of times if anybody wants to make an offer – twice the weight of the AX one and some proper padding, but I still found it far too solid, so reverted to an SLR. Some places it's really not worth trying to save every gram.

njee20
    Free Member

I've always been tempted to try a Speedneedle, but like my saddles flat, the Speedneedle looks far too 'banana' shaped!

aracer
    Free Member

only 20g heavier

You've weighed it? Only asking because SI are often rather optimistic with their weights.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Guilty, but obviously I can't confirm gram accuracy of my scales. It is under 80g. And if you look at the weight weenies site the ax saddle is heavier than stated too, so 20g is about right.

JamesP
    Free Member

aracer – drop me a line (you've no email in your profile) if you want to sell the speedneedle.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One for the Weightweenies…’ is closed to new replies.