Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • one for the medics
  • nonk
    Free Member

can the herpes simplex virus cause a parathesia type situation(tingling right arm and foot)?
    or should i be way more concerned about it than i am?

yes i know go to the docs.
    ta.
    sorry bout the wrong forum.

crikey
    Free Member

Sorry fella,I'd gone to bed.

The short answer is I don't know, but I'll have a look.

crikey
    Free Member

As far as I can see herpes simplex symptoms seem to be fairly well localised, so I'd be surprised if your parasthesia was related to it. That being said, you can get viral meningitis, so it might be worth getting properly checked out.

I really don't know enough about it, so this is just guessing really…

nonk
    Free Member

ok cheers man. off down the docs this afternoon.

tails
    Free Member

book with your local GUM clinic they are far more knowledgeable and caring than any Dr will be about STDs. Your results will take roughly 2 weeks to come through (although in london there are 24 hour places) and they will test for the whole lot. fairly uncomfortable have a cotton bud down your nob and blood test, but bare in mind they see more nobs in a week than most girls in a lifetime.

oh and stop the internet diagnosis you'll scare yourself s**tless.

nonk
    Free Member

cheers tails its just the coldsore virus i was on about mind. 😀
    i wasnt that streessed about it until my physio got all a bit concerned about it.
    anyroad appointment booked.

tails
    Free Member

Oh right well in that case from my readings you have herpes, it's not gonna kill you but cold sores are unsightly. If you caught it recently then it will have a couple of out breaks and then it should go dormant, it can be treated with creams and stuff I believe. go ask your doc or GUM, good thing about GUM is you may get free drugs and a free bag of trojan sensations haha!

meehaja
    Free Member

Post herpectic neuralgia?

nonk
    Free Member

dunno.
    been to the docs and i am having blood tests and an EEG.
    something i didnt mention was a history of epilepsy. ah well it's likely nowt. 😯 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘one for the medics’ is closed to new replies.