• This topic has 26 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by taty.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • One for the ladies; Sports bra recommendations please
  • stayhigh

Morning all,

Looking for recommendations for a new sports bra for my OT who will be using it for going out running or crosstrainer/exercise bike in the gym.

Thanks 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Said Mr Stayhigh

🙂

Bunnyhop

Its very much like choosing a saddle.
    My own recommendations are Marks and Spencer. Or John Lewis, Debenhams, type store.

joshvegas
    Free Member

In my experience not all boobs and backs and shoulders are created equal therefore on womans suspension is another womans instrument of torture*

They’re not cheap either consider a fitting?

*I imagine.

ahsat

She needs to head for a fitting. It varies so much. I have used the Panache range from a number of years, but they are for the larger chested ladies. M&S, John Lewis and Bravissimo (DD+ only) are good highstreet places to start.

Marin
    Free Member

Mrs Marin swears by Bravissimo for fitting and wearing.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC is a Bravissimo girl but her sports bras are apparently Shockabsorbers – or she’s just taking the piss out of my question in her text?

jimdubleyou

Mrs Dubs has Nike sports bras.

Being a PE teacher, she spends most of the day in them…

Stoner
    Free Member

a quick rifle through my Mrs S’ underwear drawer suggests that she too is a Shockabsorber girl. She’s a GB Triathlete and runs a lot.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Shock Absorber Active Multi Sports Support. Wiggle is usually best for price/returns policy.

GolfChick
    Free Member

A million percent vote for shock absorber, super funky colour schemes and no movement. Anyone who says sports bras dont work has never tried a properly designed bra like the shock absorbers.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Sports bras don’t work …
    And you are right I haven’t 😆

TedC

Other half is an another Shockabsorber advocate. Her advice:

Best to get a proper fitting – if planning to use a HRM strap, take that to the fitting.
    John Lewis frequently have a wider range (colours etc.) than Bravissimo.

alanl
    Free Member

It’s got to be shockabsorber as they have the best fitting guide:
    Shock absorber

redmex
    Free Member

Going back to my teenage years i remember the advert Triumph is the bra for the way you are
    Not sure if they make a sports one and were the made in the motorbike factory or the old BMC car factory ?

Pyro

My better half gets here from Decathlon. She says “they’re cheap, but the best for non-bounciness. They do however make each boob a bit cone-shaped. But still…”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…Bravissimo (DD+ only) …

Ah memories. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

memories

Typo.

Anyway, Mrs CFH despises Bravissimo. (No, not you!). Some bad experiences in their Covent Garden shop. She has a rather esoteric size requirement, and has nothing but praise for Rigby & Peller.

soapy
    Free Member

Shock absorber for sure. Best I’ve had. If she knows her size, there’s 20% off at Figleaves.com just now.

Moses

fyi Triumph bras were made in Swindon.
    Not in the BMC (now Mini) factory.

wallop

Shock Absorber (DD recommendation here 😆 )

redmex
    Free Member

Thanks moses i was getting mixed up with the Triumph name and the fact they all looked quite racy in the Freemans club book

allthegear
    Free Member

Shockabsorbers or, surprisingly, the M&S ones – they work well for me.

Rachel

qwerty
    Free Member
    emsz
    Free Member

under armour crossback

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I find the zip front shock absorbers the best.

Very supportive
    not padded (what is it with the weird foam moulded ones surely they just soak up lots of sweat?)
    Zip up so I don’t have to wrestle it over my sore neck and shoulders

Zip front so you can do comedy unveiling of sweaty boobs post ride – they do sort of burst out

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shock-absorber-active-zipped-plunge-2/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360780985&kpid=5360780985&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Clothing&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid%7cs8aWDN7wv_dm%7cpcrid%7c67090792022%7cpkw%7c%7cpmt%7c%7cprd%7c5360780985uk

taty
    Free Member

not sure what one it is but my wife has bought the same bra from shock absorbers 3 times in a row.
    as she says if it can stop these f’s giving me a black eye they must be decent

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘One for the ladies; Sports bra recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.