Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • One for the ladies – saddle recommedations please
  • StuF

I'm after some advice / recommendations for a ladies saddle for my other (better) half.

MrsF currently has a cheapo thing that came with her kona. She mostly potters around fireroads / canalpaths, sometimes with padded shorts on.

She's asked me to find a comfier saddle for her…. so without dragging her around every bike shop to try them out and I know they're a personal choice – any thoughts?

singlespeedstu

Mrsssstu uses Charge Spoons on all her bikes.

She says that all the ladies saddles she's tried are too wide.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I agree with MrsSSS, all the ladies saddles I have used are too wide. I use an SLR.

diggers
    Free Member

heh on the other my OH loves her charge ladle

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my ex has a charge ladle (the ladies' version of the spoon, apparently); she loves it and says it's comfy enough to ride all day on.

bionicwoman
    Free Member

The charge saddles are very ladies friendly for a budget, i would also recommend wtb do some thinner saddles at the more expensive price range

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I like the ladies charge bestest outta all the ones I've tried

But it really is a case of each lady is different (sit bones n all that stuff)

gusamc
    Free Member

friends wife bought my old bike – saddle was on a return basis, not seen it for 2 years, WTB lazer

tragically1969
    Free Member

Take a look at the Fizik Vitesse range

StuF

Cheers all, I think I'll try and find a spoon or the ladies version, any going spare?

nbt

I've one going spare, Mrs NBT doesn't like hers. Mail in profile. Having said that – We went to the local specialized dealer and measured her on the Arse-ometer – I kid you not. Basically it's a pad you sit on, the sit bones cause dents in the gel and they measure the gap so you can see how wide a saddle you need. Mrs NBT likes 143mm specialized saddles

ART

Another vote for Charge – only £20 from Minx.

Tracey

I use Specialized Jett 143 ladies saddles

Katie uses WTB she saddles

Abigale uses WTB Deva saddles which JE James have in there sale at £19.99 [should be £44.99] got one yesterday

Tracey

z1ppy

the better half had her but measured by a specialized shop using there special butt measuring tool (a soft pad), they actually measure the sit bones and supply a saddle to match that width.

She likes it and it was cheapish too…

Bunnyhop

It's really hard to recommend saddles as all the lady riders I know use a different make.
    I have a mans specialzed on one bike and a charge on the other.
    It really is a case of trying a few out, borrow one if possible.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Does anyone know what size saddles Specialized bikes normally come with? I've got a Specialized BG something or other but no idea what size it is.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have 2 WTB cheap ones on road bike and ancient MTB, then a Fizik on my new Cube which to be fair is okay except for loner rides and then a super expensive Selle Italia one on Giant Reign which is good good good!

nbt

Does anyone know what size saddles Specialized bikes normally come with? I've got a Specialized BG something or other but no idea what size it is.

If they're sized, the size will be written on them

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

far too personal a choice for recommendation in my experience. MrsMW like the WTD speed she for MTB and a bonty one for her road bikes. The speed she seems to be the most commonly liked amongst our riding buddies

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘One for the ladies – saddle recommedations please’ is closed to new replies.