• This topic has 44 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 7hz.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • One for Bikepackers :)
  • merlintheyogin
    Free Member

If anyone is still reading this thread, i have recently been in touch with Jon from buggybags (mentioned above) and it seems no one ever got in touch with him which was a shame as he has been able to put a great “tangle” bag together for me (on it’s way as we speak), with frame bag to follow once i have checked the tangle bag out – can’t imagine being disappointed though as the photos he has sent me look great and it’s made from 1000 denier cordura which is seriously tough stuff, very water repellent and can be made completely waterproof with a dwr finish (which you could easily do your self using nikwax or similar); not that it really needs it as that stuff (1000 denier) is superb from my experience with outdoor/mountaineering gear. He can do custom framebags no problem and we are probably looking at prices ranging from £25 for a good size tangle bag to £50/£60 for a full custom frame bag. his experience is (obviously) with bags for kitebuggies which take a fair beating on wet beaches so you get properly covered zips, which are ykk 10 (seriously rugged). Anyway, hopefully more people will get onto him as he is a great fella to deal with and very helpful.

I posted this about a week ago but for some reason it is no longer here so hopefully it will stay this time.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

I got one of the Tangle bags when they first came available last summer. Great bag, fits a 20″ Inbred no problem. If anybody wants I can take the tape measure to it for dimensions.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Searching for ‘cordura’ turned this thread up.

My better half is handy with the sewing mchine and has recently consented to having a go at a frame bag for my Inbred using that MTBR thread.

However, a couple of metres of Cordura is going to cost me about £25with postage, so I’m very interested in what BuggyBags can do for a tangle bag.

merlintheyogin you’ll have PM in a mo to get some contact details so I can go to BuggyBags with the start line ‘you did this for X, can you do the same for moi’ 🙂

Buzzard
    Free Member

Dyffers – Just seen this and I’m also interested in how these tanglebags worked out – and the frame bags for that reason. if you get any answers/photos etc I would be very interested in having a look. Thanks

7hz
    Free Member

Likewise, interested in any photos of the frame bag that buggybags make for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘One for Bikepackers :)’ is closed to new replies.