Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • On One/Selcof Superstrong brake cables.
  • p8ddy
    Free Member

I posted on the forum a couple of weeks ago asking about these cables, and got no replies (so I reckon no one is using them). In a bid to save money, I ordered a set instead of the Jagwire cables – The Selcofs are only £10.

So… Firstly, the cables are very good quality. As good as the Jagwire ripcord at half the price, and work sweetly with BB7’s. So if you’re looking for a compressionless cable set that works really well, the Selcof Superstrong are very much worthy of consideration. Given the construction, I can’t see any issues with longevity either, and the kit also has enough cable for a size Large 29er, comfortably.

Now, onto ordering from On One. Brant and On One get a fair bit of stick on here at times. My experience? Ordered yesterday at 10am-ish. They arrived in the post this morning, along with an sram chain that’s £12 cheaper than from Evans cycles. So I’m very happy. Fastest dispatch from any company I’ve had yet. So a happy customer. 🙂 Super cheap prices help too, so all in very good!

birdage

Don’t buy the xtrastrong like I did. Although says it’s compatible for road and mountain, the outers are not long enough for front and back of a mdium cross frame and the inner noodle on the end of the cable went straight through the sti shifter guide. Had cut the outer for the front so can’t return. Thank you.

Not sure whether to take a chance on the superstrong as you had a good experience with that.

Northwind

@birdage, would be perfectly reasonable to return that, not fit for purpose- you can only find these things out by fitting them so cutting the outer doesn’t rule out returning them.

birdage

@Northwind thanks, I’ll email On One and see what they say. What is annoying is that the inner doesn’t work with an STI, at least not an older style Ultegra one! p8ddy obviously chose the right ones but there’s nothing to distinguish between the two types (except in material construction) on their website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘On One/Selcof Superstrong brake cables.’ is closed to new replies.