Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • On-One Thinny Pedals
  • scruff
    Free Member

My KMC chain broke after 2 weeks, was during a mudladen V poor shift which also somehow bent my front mech.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Managed to order some yesterday afternoon, arrived this morning. Pretty impressive service!

Nice quality with decent sized pins too, which makes a change

Wish I had bought a couple more pairs now I have seen them in the flesh…

sturmey
    Free Member

monotokpoint wish I hadn’t seen your middleburns, I have a pair of RS7s gathering dust in the garage and was thinking of fitting them instead of my XTs. my now be decision made.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Do it sturmey, you know it makes sense 8)

andyl
    Free Member

monotokpoint – pics of the rest of the bike please!

As for pedals – I really don’t get this current trend for more and more expensive flat pedals. It’s not as though there is anything particularly technical about a flat pedal and £80-100+ is the cost of a top end set of XTR SPD trail pedals with a cage. There is a lot more engineering and assembly and precision parts in one of those and a flat pedal. IMO £40 is more than enough to spend on a chunk of aluminium with a shaft and some bearings.

sturmey
    Free Member

Best start reading up on who does good sq taper bbs then

monotokpoint
    Free Member

With pleasure AndyL

Clicky —-> ** Airbourne Lucky Strike Ti Pics **

Have made a couple of changes since I took these pics. Shortened the brake cables (to look tidier), changed the crankset to a Middleburn Duo set up and as of today, the pedals!

sparksmcguff

Mine arrived this morning too – 9.30am! From order to delivery, less than 24 hours. Nice. Oh and their lovely, good size and grippier than the ones I had on.

mrplow
    Free Member

Not sure about the lack of a concave surface, might not get on with mine.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Just had a look (one eye shut, pedal face on, laying on the floor – looked a bit wierd!) and they look perfectly flat to me

s4rpf
    Free Member

hmm that airbourne is beautiful want a Ti Hardtail now 🙁

andyl
    Free Member

hmm that airbourne is beautiful want a Ti Hardtail now

Me too. If you do a Ti hardtail it has to have Ti post, bars and mainly silver bits but with the odd little touch of colour for contrast.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Thanks s4rpf and andyl. Was always a DH/Freeride biker until about 3 years ago and it took me a while to get the right frame for a HT. I think it’s the one bike out of the lot I will never sell!

flow
    Free Member

KMC do not make Shimano chains.

mrplow
    Free Member

Tried the pedals on the bike with appropriate 5.10 footwear. All feels good.

The pins are not locktighted in and all on one pedal were loose so worth having a quick check over. I might try to find small washers to calm down the pin length a bit as I have never required massive pins. Will probably remove a few of the centre ones as well.

All good :mrgreen:

scaredypants

brant – Member
    At least I know how many pedals I can sell in a day if we hit the right price point and have the right product

Not sure you do, Brant ( 🙁 )

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Good call mr plow, will check them over too. Got 5.10’s here also. Reckon these will be friends with the Thinnys! 8)

twohats
    Free Member

They make some of them, not all..

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Mr. Plow I will give you £40 for yours!

andyl
    Free Member

flow – Member

They make the HG53 and 73 chains.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Clicky —-> ** Airbourne Lucky Strike Ti Pics **

I’ve said it before, but that Lucky Strike is absolutely stunning. One of the nicest user bikes on here, IMO.

passtherizla
    Free Member

there appeared to be a set of silver ones still available as of this morning…. Lets just see if they come,,??

robh

monotokpoint- what front mech are you using with the Middleburn and are they Sram shifters?

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Using Sram front mech (think it’s top pull, but will check later) and X0 shifters (2×9 set up)

scruff
    Free Member

Thinnies are good innit !

passtherizla
    Free Member

got to admit I’m a little disappointed in mine… most of the pins on one pedal will not tighten up and are rattling… have emailed on one though will wait and see what they say can be done.

avdave2

got to admit I’m a little disappointed in mine… most of the pins on one pedal will not tighten up and are rattling… have emailed on one though will wait and see what they say can be done.

2 on mine won’t tighten fully so I’ve just used a bit of loctite. The problem is with the pins I think, the thread doesn’t run to the very top so you can wind them past their thread.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you dont want ’em I’ll have ’em!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ll try the thread lock first… but it does seem that the thread is a little wide and there is physical play between the hole and the pin.

passtherizla
    Free Member

suppose it is the pins, does anyone want to tell me the exact size pins I would need to buy to replace the current ones, I can push one of the pins in by hand! 😐

djflexure

Mine are all tight for what its worth

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Yep same, just checked mine and they are as tight as a nut (or pin).

passtherizla
    Free Member

all of the screws on one side of one pedal just won’t bite… I’ve tried moving a pin from the holes that do bite and they still don’t grip. As I stated before, but now I can push a few of them in… might have to get them re-threaded and use bigger pins 🙁

I have emailed on one just in case you were wondering, nothing back so far.

how long does loctite take to bind? they’re still wobbly.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Shouldn’t take long too long to dry, but maybe overnight to cure, so to speak. Check again in the morning to see if the pins hold. I can understand your frustration – it’s really annoying when you get some new kit that’s faulty. Had that a couple of times recently! I hope On One get back to you sharpish!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Just checked through my mail properly and they had replied (so apologies for that) they have suggested thread lock.

I honestly think the holes are too big for thread lock to make a difference, you can physically wiggle the pins in the holes.

Its just frustrating there aren’t any left so I will be able to send them back as faulty I’m sure with full refund but I won’t be able to get these replaced.

I will leave to harden overnight.

legend
    Free Member

the screws are churned out by the 1,000,000,000,000,000 so my money would be on the pedal body being at fault.

If they are really moving around then threadlock isn’t the way to go, however a bearing retainer (or simply some Araldite) might work.

Personally I’d be sending them back

passtherizla
    Free Member

I think I may well have to send them back…

passtherizla
    Free Member

thread lock has made no difference at all…

brant
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that passtherizla, please return for full refund :-/

passtherizla
    Free Member

no worries brant, these things can’t be helped, they look awesome I’m sad to have to send them back. 😥

Andy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘On-One Thinny Pedals’ is closed to new replies.