Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • On-One – should they state OEM ?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I think you're just being a picky sod for the sake of it!

shermer75
    Free Member

One of the thing I used to like about On-One was that it had a no bullshit approach to stuff- very upfront and quite amusing, a bit like chatting to your mate rather than being fed a load of the usual patronising marketing gumpf. It does look like that has changed, which is a shame, it's kinda put me off them to be honest.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

How exactly has it changed? They now lie, are not upfront and are unfunny? That there sell is full of marketing gumpf?

I'm not seeing that to be honest…

epicyclo

shermer75 – Member
    One of the thing I used to like about On-One was that it had a no bullshit approach to stuff- very upfront…

Yup, and that's exactly how they handled this situation.

They have done nothing wrong.

The problem is that the OP had different expectations, and did not read the advert properly. He still got a stomping bargain, and they have even offered to go out and buy him a pump.

theflatboy
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member

One of the thing I used to like about On-One was that it had a no bullshit approach to stuff- very upfront and quite amusing, a bit like chatting to your mate rather than being fed a load of the usual patronising marketing gumpf. It does look like that has changed, which is a shame, it's kinda put me off them to be honest.

like i said, a phone call the other day to talk through how i got on as first customer on the new site would suggest different. on one = 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The forks are "OE sourced" which is diferent to "OEM Forks" They where bought diferently rather than made diferently

SO when they say they are FOX 32 Float RLC you get FOX Float RLC

If that has put you off On-one you will struggle to buy any parts anywhere as OE sourced, OEM parts and grey imports are every where.

I honestly do not think On-one have done a thing wrong. No one gets arsey with Hope because you don't get QR's with their wheels

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

justa why would on-one who do bike builds as a main line of business NOT sell oe forks?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I've bought some and expected them to be oem for the price- I'm still happy!

BigJohn

MSP – Member
    Fox retail forks come with a pump, pretty much everyone knows that. Ford cars come with tyres fitted, if I turned up at a dealer to pick up a new car, and found that the tires wasn't included in the deal they had given, I would be pretty pissed off.

Does a Ford come with a pump? I don't think so.

I can't see a single thing that On One has done wrong here, and I don't think the advert needed to point out that they were OEM sourced.

I do think the OP needs to make sure he doesn't trip over his bottom lip.

justa
    Free Member

lol fair enough – we are all entitled to our opinions – mine hasn't changed !

oh and bigjohn no bottom lip – tbh i though my mini rant was pretty mild really – I don't think you've really read it !

after the year or so I've had i'm not going to get my bottom lip out for something so minor !

however, some people agree with me and I'm glad i've bought it to their attention.

cheers I'm off for a pint

p.s i have bought a shock pump from the classfieds 🙂

sniff
    Free Member

Maybe it'll come with a free set of forks 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I'm off for a pint

I hope you're going to complain if it doesn't come with a free packet of peanuts.

retro83
    Free Member

Does a Ford come with a pump? I don't think so.

I can't see a single thing that On One has done wrong here, and I don't think the advert needed to point out that they were OEM sourced.

I do think the OP needs to make sure he doesn't trip over his bottom lip.

I think you're missing the point. Seeing as the retail models do include a pump it's unreasonable to use their RRP on their site as a comparison point.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘On-One – should they state OEM ?’ is closed to new replies.