Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • on-one frame warranty ?
  • mrvear
    Free Member

My mate recently bought an inbred fame. He also recently had a kink in his chainstay. Can’t figure out what caused it. He sent it back to on-one and they have told him that they won’t be replacing it as they think he has done it deliberately. Bit shit I think, I ride an older inbred and have always liked them as a company.
    Any one about with similar experiences and does anyone think its worth him pursuing it further.
    Ta.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Usually a bit of a struggle with a dent/kink

Any photos or more info?

I’ve had an inbred replaced due to a dodgey disc mount and it was done very quickly

davewalsh
    Free Member

Hmmm, I think it would be very hard to prove that a kink in a chainstay is due to a manufacturing defect.
    Any chance of a pic of said kink ?

samuri
    Free Member

I snapped a pompino.
    After a bit of discussion they replaced it.

pete1390
    Free Member

I had a crack appear in my inbred chainstay when it was 18 months old, 2 year warranty. On-One would have been happy to replace it, they actually sent me a scandal for just £50, scandal cost £100 more at the time. So your experience suprises me, try asking them for a cost reduction?

Stoner
    Free Member

wheres the kink?
    was he trying to put an “anti-chainsuck” kink in it near the BB?

mrvear
    Free Member

The kink is on the inside of the chainstay where the tyre passes. Come to the conclusion that his wheel may of come out and kinked it. Which wouldn’t be a manufacturing fault. So fair enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘on-one frame warranty ?’ is closed to new replies.