• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by akak.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • olympic tickets…
  • bigdawg
    Free Member

on sale to the general hoi poloi today and womens mtb are / were available… But do not buy the £20 ones, they seem to be only for tthe medal ceremony not therace!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I think you will find they are for BOTH therace and medal ceremony,

It’s just general course access however so you won’t get near the start / finish area.

Painless exercise this morning and I now have a tickt for the basketball so I get to be in the Olympic park as a bonus 😀

njee20
    Free Member

They’ve not made that particularly clear, I got the expensive ones just to be sure! Were there any Mens MTB ones up this morning? Seems there’s just women’s now.

ski
    Free Member

Tried for 2 Ladies MTB tickets at £45 each, had to wait 15min and then told no tickets!

Looks like I missed the boat again…

bigdawg
    Free Member

there were no mens at all they sold out completly at the initial sale.

this reads to me like the £20 tickets dont get you into the race:

Women’s Cross-country £45.00 A
    Women’s Cross-country Victory Ceremony £20.00 B

not particularly clear but to me that reads like £20 for the medals only.. May be some disapointed peeps about…

njee20
    Free Member

That’s how I read it too!

mrmo
    Free Member

£20 to watch three people be given some medals!!!!!

That has to be wrong surely? you must be able to see something!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

It makes sense that they’re general access rather than grandstand, but it certainly didn’t say that.

hammerite
    Free Member

I won some free tickets for the ladies MTB race and managed to get another pair so the family can all go now too. Trouble is I’ve not had it confirmed whether the tickets I won were the cheap ones or not, the only ones I could buy at the time were the £45 ones.

Hopefully we’ve all got the same level of tickets.

oregon29
    Free Member

I’ve got an extra mens ticket that i’d love to trade for another Womens if anyone is keen?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Applied for 36 tickets first time round (inc BMX), got zero. Was in the second priority list, tried for 7 or 8 different events either sold out or issues with my one and only visa card despite lots of credit. Now booking holidays abroad having lost all interest 🙁

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

applied for about 18 tickets first time round, got nothing, thought I had basketball tickets in second round then got email telling me they had messed up and I hadn’t been successful, got BMX tickets in the third round however so happy now. It has cost me two mornings off work and a lot of shouting at the god-awful website but I’m looking forward to it, there was an awful moment on friday morning where i had in my basket track tickets for one of the likely team GB medal heavy days and the system kicked me out while paying but still pretty happy with BMX.

akak
    Free Member

I got mens tickets in the second chance sale last week, only £45 was available when my queue place came up. There are no events which are only medal presentations afaik, still if you are trying to upsell tickets you would normally provide information on what extras you will get for your money!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘olympic tickets…’ is closed to new replies.