Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Old vinyl
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

After a few threads re. ripping my vinyl (and discovering my fancy pre-amp’s MC stage is ****ed 😳 ) I’m biting the bullet and flogging the kit & buyind cds to rip instead.

I presume there is no market for old vinyl? (I think there’s a semi-rare Japan 12″ which I’ll check on ebay, otherwise even I can accept Level 42’s “World Machine” may be destined for the charity shop…)

AS I looked through it, I realised I couldn’t say goodbye to some classics – stuff I’d bought 30 years ago and still listen to.

Any ideas what to do with it? I was thinking of just framing the album cover….any other creative/arty ideas?

wwaswas

or even

cynic-al
    Free Member

Awesome! Thanks.

ojom
    Free Member

Got some nice rare Zappa vinyl i am sitting on for a few years more yet…

jota180
    Free Member

I have around 1500 LPs and 12″s

Been putting off making a decision on what to do with them for ages now

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Second-hand vinyl store looking for stock?

rewski
    Free Member

discogs.com

DezB
    Free Member

I thought there was a place that would recycle your vinyl into a coffin, but no, it was kind of the other way round –
    http://www.andvinyly.com/

meesterbond

If you ever get round to making a list of what you’ve got I might be interested in some… although probably not Level 42!

Record Collector magazine advertises collections in the classifieds, there’s still a market out there for it.

darrell
    Free Member

PITA to sort it out and sell off the interesting stuff on fleabay.

i sold my collection as a job lot so that all the crap was gotten rid off at the same time (i.e. old Styx albums, oh the shame)

i got 1 quid for each album from a dealer

jota180
    Free Member

If you ever get round to making a list of what you’ve got I might be interested in some.

That’s my problem, I really can’t find the enthusiasm

Milkie
    Free Member

OMFG… This has blown my mind! 😯

I’m making some bowls tonight!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cool, I have 120-odd IIRC: biggest single artist: The Fall, otherwise a few albums each from The Smiths, Costello, ska, Stones, Doors, BAD, Lloyd Cole, Undertones, The The, Stranglers, Radiohead, Heaven 17, Kraftwerk, UB40, Fleetwood Mac, Prodigy & other random stuff 1980-1998 or so.

…if anyone is interested I can do a kind of list? May not be worth posting though (Edinburgh) and I’ll speak to local vinyl dealers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmm seems local shops may be interested! Woop!

Milkie
    Free Member

I might be interested in the Prodigy vinyls..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have first 3 IIRC, certainly Experience and FOTL.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Depending on whether you want to get rid of them all in one go, or whether you are inetrested more in the money, you wil get waaaaaay more listing them on Discogs (which itself is far cheaper for seller and far easier to list than ebay).

Ceebug
    Free Member

As Rewski says there is a huge international market for old vinyl on discogs

Ringo
    Free Member

I have literally hundreds of vinyl albums and singles mainly northern soul, lots of 60,s psych and all the obvious stuff like pink flloyd, stones, Beatles etc I was thinking of selling it all the other day but i enjoyed collecting it so much and most records hold a story for me. I’m hoping my kids may appreciate it later

cynic-al
    Free Member

discog looks good…I have Dance Craze – selling for E24!

warton
    Free Member

I’ve been meaning to give discogs a go, never got round to it. I’ve got 100+ old first issue jazz LPs from my dad. some are worth 50 quid and more, but its such a hassle to list them…

vinnyeh

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRCk7M3O2Es[/video]

rewski
    Free Member

northern soul, lots of 60,s psych

If it’s mint and rare stuff you should have any issues, check this guy out, I bought lots of rare 45 funk from him in the past.

http://www.recordsbymail.com/

I also want to get rid of my collection, mainly funk and rare and obscure breaks that I used to use for dj-ing and music production, I was a DJ Shadow wannabee.

lesa
    Free Member

I will never get rid of my vinyl still play it as I don’t like the digital deamon that is killing music.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah it’s so much more of a PITA trying out, buying and listening to digital music 🙄

meesterbond

I’d be interested in the Fall and Stones albums – drop me a note with what you’ve got and what you’d like for them – email in profile (I think).

stanfree
    Free Member

Cynic Al , can you let us know where you found to buy your vinyl as Im also in the Edinburgh area and looking to get rid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stan-just called vinyl villains so far, I think there’s a few more, I’ve made us a list that I’ll send out to them for valuation.

MrBond, I’ll try to remember to mail you once I know what I’ve been offered.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well I’ve posted my list to Vinyl Villians, Elvis Shakespeare and Underrgound Solu’shn….Backbeat said he’d have a look at them too.

Will update!

2bit

Evening all

I’d be interested in any funk, soul, rock n roll, roots, ska & hip hop lists if anyone’s looking to sell.
    I’d be up for picking odds n sods rather than Job lots (unless it’s a right good price).

Failing that I’ve seen a fair few collections go on eBay – sellers list the rare/expensive ones with accurate gradings & then just list artists for the bulk

rewski
    Free Member

2bit – I’ll be interested in selling, I can send you a list of Funk45s and here’s some of my collection on discogs

skeetsgb
    Free Member

why dont you buy a digital record player which will transfer your records to mp3 then you will still have them, and you get rid of them after,

jota180
    Free Member

For anyone that was looking to sell a load of LPs

I got £950 for mine 1348 – not 1500 as stated above – for the job lot
    Bloke came round had a quick look through them counted them and offered £750 at first

So not as painful an operation as I thought it may be

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Old vinyl’ is closed to new replies.