Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Old school punks
  • salsaboy

I've just watched a live version of boredom by the buzzcocks on Youtube and seen someone I know/knew in the crowd. I went to hundreds of gigs around 77-84 and reckon I must be on a video somewhere.
    Any of you people seen yourself in the crowd?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Saw The Buzzcocks twice in '78,great gigs.The girls liked them too,a real bonus when you're 16.

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah. New Model Army on The Tube, January 1984. I'm down the front right at the start. It's on YouTube somewhere

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

salsaboy was punk?

What is next? jazzboy

momo

I was watching MTV the day after I saw Oasis at knebworth, and they were showing the concert, the boom camera kept on panning straight over me, I was right at the front of the crowd!

Was also on the big breakfast on the Monday, and still have a copy of the sunday times with me and my mates picture on the back page. Not bad for my first ever proper gig!

alexonabike

I was in a piccy of a Green Day session in Maida Vale studios that was in Kerrang. I was chuffed!

midlifecrashes

Was at the Tube a few times, only one I can spot on Youtube was a grand night out, where The Undertones were on, then Big Country, then U2. We then hot footed it in Lizzie's Maxi from Newcastle to Leeds for the proper U2 gig, and back up to the Kirk for Theatre of Hate afterwards. Used to see loads of the regular crew in NME pics.

Went to see Penetration in Leicester a couple of weeks back and they were excellent.

adamdv8
    Free Member

Proper old skool – i managed a short screen appearance (approx 0.5 sec) in the Clash film 'RudeBoy', at the Aberdeen Music Hall gig. Awesome night.

sadexpunk

1 min 40 secs in and theres a sad old punk still going over the top at 45 yrs old 🙂

got chucked out as well. not allowed to crowdsurf in this day and age. its yer 'elf n safety' innit 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Tube

If you pause this video on exactly 3:18, that's me getting squashed in the bottom corner to the left (actually in front) of the girl with bleached hair, she was quite nice I recall. I was trying to get as close to Poison Ivy as a shy young horny teenage boy dare.
    BTW, Yes, that bass guitarist was even scarier looking in the flesh.

grantway
    Free Member

Me no but remmeber the punks hanging out on the Kings Road
    in Central London

RustySpanner

Nah, too young to be a proper 'Old School' punk – but easily visible on the video of the Manics 1997 gig at the Manchester Nynex (now Evening News) arena: Red and white check Ben Sherman, right at the front bouncing around during 'Design for Life'.

My adult (ie with my mates, not family) gig going started about 1985 at Band on the Wall, Hulme Labour Club and Manchester University, going to see Here & Now, the Astronauts, Subhumans, Blyth Power, Misty In Roots, RDF, Killing Joke etc.
    Just missed the classic Clash line up, but caught the sad reunion, along with The Buzzcocks, SLF, Crass, Exploted, Angelic Upstarts etc.

Proudest memory is stage diving during the Ramones last Manchester gig (late 90's, Acadamy I think). Big, big gap between the stage and the crowd. Fly, fat boy, fly etc!

Pigface
    Free Member

Not a punk band but I appear in the Hodoo Gurus gig at the Button Factory in Dublin.

A mate called Hurdley is on my shoulders at a Damned gig, cant see me in that though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Old school punks’ is closed to new replies.