• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • OK, fitted kitchens …
  • scaredypants

🙄
    Seems our current one is unacceptably unacceptable and so “we”‘re* having new fittings and probably some bloody granite worktop plus new cooker
    I’m not fitting this shit myself, so how do I go about not minimising the inevitable getting ripped off ?

Single agent “fitting service” or buy the stuff and get a geezer wiv a drill to put it all in ?

*she earns lots more than me so I don’t need to MTFU, she can KitchenTFU if she wants to

Xylene
    Free Member

I did mine myself other than the worktop – note myself means getting big brother down for the weekend

scaredypants

Nah, no chance of me (or my brother) doing it

could turn into a new boiler too, apparently 👿

seosamh77
    Free Member

If you’re about the glasgow area, give my da and my wee brother a phone. Pictures aren’t the greatest on that page as he’s just getting to grips with the interweb and hasn’t quite grasped what a camera is yet! 😀 But they’ll definitely do you a turn! They can organise from start to finish, or customise as you like.

https://www.facebook.com/ImproveYourHome?sk=info

midlifecrashes

We have some from the better end of the MFI range, it’s nine years old now but still looks excellent. in fact the seventeen year old MFI Schreiber one in our old house is still looking good apart from the solid wood worktops which have been neglected. How a company expects to survive without a two year product life like phones and ipods I just don’t get it…

jwt
    Free Member

Howdens do some really nice kitchens, but as its trade only you need to go through a tradesman, however Howdens list local tradesmen on the site HERE

konabunny
    Free Member

Tangent: MFI stands for More Furniture Ideas.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wickes are supposed to be the best kitchens from the “sheds”. Considering one of theirs or go the “gasp” Ikea route. Would get a “man” in to fit it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would use IKEA kitchen units and find a local joiner to fit them

scaredypants

ooh, thought this had died

thanks y’aw

going to the “shop” at 2 – pray for me !

(south coast, btw, so not really “near” to glasgow I’d say)

jwt
    Free Member

Shot of my actual Howdens kitchen

scaredypants

anyone fancy a quote challenge then ?

kitchen is galley-type about 15 ft long, cupboards all the way along both sides to waist level, then 1 side is units above the worktop all the way along as well

Will be a sink and a half plus drainer, inbuilt oven and a hob on the worktop (not gas 🙁 )

How much for that lot, fitted ?
    (as a sensible sugestion rather than guessing what the quote will be)

allthepies
    Free Member

Induction hob FTW 🙂

scaredypants

seriously ATP ? I’ve a bit of a downer on ’em, not sure why

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

scaredypants
    I think your profile suggests New Forest.

We all complain, but I was well impressed with the higher range of IKEA kitchens .. but top tip is to avoid their plumbing (i.e. waste) fittings and get elsewhere.

I fitted myself and was super quick, though it was a simply galleys style with free-standing appliences the slow (boring monotonous typical IKEA) part was assembly, otherwise drill a few holes in the wall, level the legs up with a spirit and jobs a goddun.

If you’re after Stone Tops etc .. I highly recommend These Folks

clive
    Free Member

scaredypants just mailed you fella 😀

bigG
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    If you’re about the glasgow area, give my da and my wee brother a phone. Pictures aren’t the greatest on that page as he’s just getting to grips with the interweb and hasn’t quite grasped what a camera is yet! But they’ll definitely do you a turn! They can organise from start to finish, or customise as you like.

https://www.facebook.com/ImproveYourHome?sk=info

Cheers, I’ll store that one for future use,,,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘OK, fitted kitchens …’ is closed to new replies.