Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • OK, Be Gentle! How Much Can I get for My Bike?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Posted my Whyte E-120XT for sale twice and no replies. Not really sure what I will get for this, so wonder what the general consensus is? If its ridiculously low then will hold onto it. I realise ebay is an option but with sellers fees I'm not sure its worth it? Honest, but sensitive answers appreciated 🙂

Here's my original ad:

Decided to sell my Whyte E-120 XT. Bought the bike 6 weeks ago which was a demo bike which had only been ridden 4 times ( I was the fifth!) . The bike was immaculate and like new, but because the shop could'nt get hold of any new ones I went for the demo and had a discount as a result. The bike was sold as new and is still under warranty (the warranty on the frame is 5 years!) Its just had its first service and is in immaculate condition. The bike spec is as below except the tyres have been changed to Bontrager Jones ACX Tubeless 2.2 tyres.

http://www.whytebikes.com/downloads/Bike%20Datasheets/WHYTE2009E120XT.pdf

The bike is very light and very fast, and is in immaculate condition given that I've only ridden it 6 times! Its an ideal cross county/ enduro bike but can also be used at the trail centres. I bought it with the intention of getting back into longer rides/ enduros but don't think my body is able to hold up to that sort of riding anymore – I've become a plodder!!

The harder you ride this bike the better it gets and it does reward good bike handling. I will take paypal gift and will post some pics later and add an email to my profile. I'm based in West Wales but could meet at Brechfa/Afan/Nant-y-Arian or possibly one of the other Welsh Trail centres.

Any questions please email me.

£1800

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

Cool bike at a fair price.

hitman
    Free Member

Maybe, I should just perservere then and hope somebody wants one at that price

pstokes99
    Free Member

Price seems reasonable enough I guess – but there aren't going to be too many people in the market for that value of bike. Good luck, however you may need to be patient.

nuke

Maybe, I should just perservere then and hope somebody wants one at that price

Good luck but I reckon that although we think of STW as the middle of the bike universe (can't believe I just wrote that), its not and so the odds of finding that one buyer who wants exactly what you're selling (in the right condition/size/colour/location/price/etc) is very slim. Splits are easier but more hassle and I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

dano
    Free Member

How much did you pay???

if you dont mind me askin…

PePPeR

Putting what size it is would help too?

PePPeR

Mind you I'd assume it was a Medium as it was a shop demo, but hey it may help a potential buyer

hitman
    Free Member

To be fair my original ad does have the title: "Large Whyte E-120 XT For Sale", but point taken 🙂

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

May also be worth finding out if the warranty is transferrable and stated such as a lot of people will be put off buying a carbon bike without warranty.

judderman
    Free Member

I think the price is reasonable but I dont think many people would spend 1800 on a second hand bike particulary as its carbon, most people I think would rather spend the extra and get a new one in a sale or p/x. Keep us informed how its going as I have one and am thinking of selling it!

judderman
    Free Member

I think the price is reasonable but I dont think many people would spend 1800 on a second hand bike particulary as its carbon, most people I think would rather spend the extra and get a new one in a sale or p/x. Keep us informed how its going as I have one and am thinking of selling it!

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – I think you'd need to drop the price below £1500 to get bites

hitman
    Free Member

Its Ok, already had interest at £1800, and TBH at £1500 I'd be taking so much of a hit, I'd rather keep the bike 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘OK, Be Gentle! How Much Can I get for My Bike?’ is closed to new replies.