Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Oi, physicists….
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does this have any effect on the veracity of the Big Bang theory? 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Pretty exciting, it will be very interesting to find out what happens here which ever way it goes.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Wondered when this’d get posted! 😛
    Part of me thinks its CERN trying to get some publicity. Hope it turns out to be genuine though, about time someone made a major physics discovery (although this one would be big enough to rewrite all the textbooks I think!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes imagine discovering things by experimentation and observation then putting them out openly for analysis by their peers…they really will never live this down
    Dark matter looking questionable as well which i also read there earlier this week…good wekk for knowledge perhaps we may yet find god playing dice 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

pffft. Simple innit. the stop watch at one end isnt synchronised with the other one correctly.

bunch of white coated divs. 🙄

jam-bo

The beauty of science. Evidence is king.

Religion should take note…

racefaceec90

damn you allthepies i wanted to take credit for this link (put one up also 😉 great minds e.t.c 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

So when am I going to get my hover car then?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The team measured the travel times of neutrino bunches some 15,000 times, and have reached a level of statistical significance that in scientific circles would count as a formal discovery.

Hah! 15000 readings, anything is going to give you statistical significance

CharlieMungus
    Free Member
    stevewhyte
    Free Member

beckykirk43 – Member
    Wondered when this’d get posted!
    Part of me thinks its CERN trying to get some publicity. Hope it turns out to be genuine though, about time someone made a major physics discovery (although this one would be big enough to rewrite all the textbooks I think!)

Just what i was thinking, like some of the stuff NASA comes up with when funding is running out is a laugh.

Klunk
    Free Member

poor ol’ sheldon, his head is going to explode.

RealMan
    Free Member

Loved the last quote

And of course the consequences can be very serious.

Be very interesting to see what becomes of this.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the Big Bang theory?

Mmmmmm, Penny…..

crikey
    Free Member

I bet the Archbish of Canterbury is laughing his c**k off….

stucol
    Free Member

Knock knock Penny, knock knock Penny…too right !!

Lifer
    Free Member

Surely the opposite of a Ha Ha?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Why do some people, often from a religious background, not get that seeing conflicting and challenging results and evidence coming in is good for science. It is part of the method. If you stick with your eyes blinkered and your mind closed to new stuff coming in you lose.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Praise the Lord for science.

Junkyard
    Free Member

hallelujah

miketually
    Free Member

Mmm, Penny.

crikey
    Free Member

I bet the Pope said ‘Hah! Tony Martin wins the World TT and now the science spods get confused, Life is good Ja?’

Cougar

We live in interesting times.

Can’t say I’m totally shocked. Whilst I’m far from an expert, the special relativity idea that nothing can go faster than light never sat well with me. What makes light so special, other than “we can see it”?

It could be erroneous, of course. But I bet there’s a lot of very excited people in white coats right now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is is special due to lack of mass
    http://www2.corepower.com:8080/~relfaq/light_mass.html

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Oi, physicists….’ is closed to new replies.