Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • oh deer
  • onehundredthidiot

Over the past week I’ve noticed several deer carcasses on my commute. This morning there were 5 fresh ones. I might start a deer and badger coat company if anyone wants one just let me know.

dashed
    Free Member

It’s that time of year – the roe push out last years offspring as the new puppies are due to be born. Last years head off looking for new territory and sometimes, sadly, end up squished…

AndyRT
    Free Member

My worst nightmare on a motorbike

rickmeister

I was going to post a video of a guy being knocked off a bike by an antelope / deer, but thought better of it…

mountainman

Venison for the freezer then I would say.

Next car along can pick up road kill ,if it’s still warm it’s fresh .

Used to get many a call from my M8 who lived on Mendips and was an early morning commuter.(i’m a butcher by trade).

Clover

Is that the same for blue tits? I have seen two dead on my route to work this morning.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I’ve hit a couple of those, but they just explode.

Pheasant took out front brake reservoir once. That was fun.

Sandwich

Last weekend all I saw of the dead deer was a fore-hoof, lower leg, knee joint and a small bit of the upper leg. There’s either a really fat fox round our way or a deer with a limp!

willard

Hit a hare in my old golf one evening on a country road. Loud Thump! from the front of the car and an inspection on getting home showed a dent as though from the fist of Norris in the front of my car and a large bit of missing spoiler.

Not sure about collecting roadkill, especially stuff that should be bled and gralloched as soon as possible. I guess it would be ok…

cinnamon_girl

Saw this today, it’s a young roe deer:

warton
    Free Member

I was going to post a video of a guy being knocked off a bike by an antelope / deer, but thought better of it…

FENTON…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Looks like Bambi “bought it”!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Emm, so, dibs on the stag-ends.

Is that legal, if it’s dead…. can I mount antlers from roadkill.

Tell.

cinnamon_girl

Too young for antlers. Was going to bring home a leg but didn’t have the electric cool box in the car. 🙁

tymbian
    Free Member

Such loss…

Such insensitivity…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Much less insensitive than the official publication of culling regulations.

*bang”

CYCLIST CYCLIST CYCLIST CYCLIST CYCLIST AAAAH!

*bang*
    fksake.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

its the sudden increase in “road kill” badgers round here. They are everywhere.
    No doubt being illegally shot dumped on the road & then run over to disguise

Neil-F
    Free Member

Yup, three badgers on the roadside just now on my commute, big feckers they are too, they look ever so cute and cuddly on telly, wouldn’t want to blooter one of them in the car! 😯

bruk

Had a client once hit a badger and stun it. It was still breathing and bleeding a little so they rang the practice that Sunday evening. They were closer than I was. I arrived to find them stood outside their car looking v worried as the car rocked from side to side.

Badger had woken up and was very pissed off at being locked in a boot. Trashed it before I could get it out. Caged it and released it back where it had been hit.

Don’t think the lights worked after his attempts to get out.

dashed
    Free Member

graham of redmarley – Member
    its the sudden increase in “road kill” badgers round here. They are everywhere.
    No doubt being illegally shot dumped on the road & then run over to disguise

Who told you that, The Daily Mail??? 🙄

Nothing to do with the time of year, the fact they’re feeding young or the young are out exploring themselves but aren’t at all streetwise…?

It’s the same this time every year and nothing to do with people shooting them and then running them over 🙄 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazingly saw a group of deer grazing beside the A35 on the way to Dorchester yesterday. Not phased by the traffic at all.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

It’s that time of year – the roe push out last years offspring as the new puppies are due to be born. Last years head off looking for new territory and sometimes, sadly, end up squished…

Right! So thats why I was offered 8 legs of venison the other day.

Glad I turned it down, because if it was road kill, it was defo too ….

😆

maddyutah

Still no i-Deer
    [/url] P4260103 by maddyutah, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘oh deer’ is closed to new replies.