Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Oh Bum!
  • Harry_the_Spider

I dropped a tape measure on to the screen of a 32” LCD TV whist I was fixing the wall bracket up in our new house. Oh Bum!

It was one of those moments where you just stand and point, unable to swear, blame a toddler or run away.

Anybody else do something stupid over the weekend?

darrell
    Free Member

i went shopping with the missus – she wanted some new clothes – pretty stupid of me if you ask me

Nick

Home contents insurance?

vinnyeh

Flicked a valve stem core into the undergrowth after my tyre burped. Cue an hours muddy hike-a-bike slog back to the car.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Hired a bouncy castle for my boy's birthday party on Saturday without doing any sort of comparison between the dimensions of the castle and the room it was going in.

coffeeking
    Free Member

OUCH HtS!

tracknicko
    Free Member

not this weekend but a while back i unpacked our new wardrobe (self build) tripped and put my foot through the door…

straight into the naughty list.

RustySpanner

Road ride yesterday.
    Ms S's cassette went a bit wobbly so stopped to have a quick look.
    Removing the back wheel and losing half the freewheel bearings whilst 10 miles from home obviously helped the situation no-end.

Just off to Cooksons with the remains in the back of the car…….

grifster
    Free Member

Finally got round to replacing the broken glass in our woodburner, with a new pane, screwed it up too tight, it broke – another £40 and a few weeks of cold and more oil burnt by the time I get round to it again!

wwaswas

thegreatape – class 🙂

al_f
    Free Member

I broke the (integral to the frame) seat collar on my RC200 while tightening it up, which unless I can turn one up online somewhere or from Pace means the frame's a goner (hopefully I have found one, if not it's a desperate plea in the classifieds here I think). I wouldn't mind but I was even using a torque wrench and the correct recommended torque… 🙄

al_f
    Free Member

I really didn't post this twice…

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Petrol in a diesel car. Only £2 worth before I noticed and thankfully only 100 yds from my mates garage. So, what could have been disastrous was only really mildly embarassing.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Did you measure the crack with the tape measure? 😉

DrJ

Drove into a ditch (I was convinced there was a solid place to turn the car round), and got the axle stuck on a concrete kerb, hanging over a tram line.

Harry_the_Spider

derek_starship – Member
    Did you measure the crack with the tape measure?

S#1t Off!

It still works but their are two white flecks on the screen where the back light shines through the busted LCD matrix.

New one on the insurance and this one can be religated to Play Station duties when the lad gets older.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

algarvebairn – Member
    Petrol in a diesel car. Only £2 worth before I noticed and thankfully only 100 yds from my mates garage. So, what could have been disastrous was only really mildly embarassing.

That's like giving a woman Gin on a night out.. You know full well that sometime soon it's gonna break down…

Flaperon

Didn't pay enough attention when entering a narrow multistory car park (trying to read the opening hours on a tiny sign near the entrance) and scraped the side of the car along their gates.

Fortunately, the thick layer of mud on the car seemed to protect it from serious damage, but there's still a small scrape and a dent in the chrome strip on the door. 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Once drove into one of the multi storey car parks in Cwmbran in my works van, a Sherpa with a ali tray top and an A frame above the cab. It all fitted under the height restriction bar. Sadly the council had retro fitted strip lighting 😯 ended up smashing about 15 off into the back of the truck. Amazingly never heard anything about it even with company name all over the vehicle and loads of stunned shoppers about.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Oh Bum!’ is closed to new replies.