Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Oh BUGGER my foot REALLY hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fastindian
    Free Member

Damn kids left their shoes at the bottom of the stairs, I come down in the half light, trip over one, loud snap/rip noise.

Now cant put any weight on the foot, think its broke 🙄

Just when I’d got my fitness up to a good level, damn

If it is broken how long till I can ride?

john_drummer
    Free Member

A&E, as soon as you can.

Is the foot pointing in the right direction relative to your leg. in fact, is the leg pointing in the right direction relative to the knee?

how many joints in the leg? there should be three – hip, knee, ankle. any more and something is broken. I slipped on a wet rock a few years ago, foot ended up pointing about 60deg to the outside, and bent in the middle between knee & ankle – which was most definitely not right. Turned out it was a “fracture dislocation” – dislocated ankle, fractured fibula. Fib was quicker to mend than the tendons in the ankle…

infidel
    Free Member

Go get it xrayed. That’s what the NHS is for and when it come to feet, some fractures are more serious than others.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can’t believe you think you may have a busted foot & your’e still fannying around on here!
    Can’t hurt that much.

Sandwich

Well done for MTFU now get to the nearest NHS drop-in/hobble-in facility

bwaarp
    Free Member

It needs to be amputated.

transapp
    Free Member

Could be ligaments and OK in a few days, however get yourself down to A&E – don’t put weight on it, you could make things a whole lot worse. If not broken, Ice, Elevation and Rest it. If it is, follow the advice given

enfht
    Free Member

Don’t ride your bike to A&E

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

Can’t hurt that much.

when I broke my arm, it didn’t hurt much until I used it. I didn’t think it was broken but the x-rays disagreed

I would ice it anyway. It can reduces scar tissue by up to 80% and so drastically reduces recovery time

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

You probably dont want to see this.

Go your GP / hospital.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ae1_1329616303

toadfish
    Free Member

any photos
    🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

See my post on this thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/your-worst-tumble

Oh, and that video. WTF??????

fastindian
    Free Member

couldn’t go to A&E last night as on my own with kids, going now, swollwn up nicley now 😯

wwaswas

My wife snapped a tendon in her foot at British Military Fitness – she rolled her ankle over her foot. It made quite a pop – people exercising 10m away all looked up and winced in sympathy as she keeled over.

It may not be a bone that’s gone but best get it checked, in any case.

fastindian
    Free Member

once again BUGGER!!!!

Xrays confirm fractured 5th metatarsal, so that’ll be 4 weeks off the bike then apparantly. 😥

How long before you rode again?

infidel
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that – it’s a classic inversion injury. Now look up Liz-Franc fracture and feel thankful.

fastindian
    Free Member

went to fracture clinic today, one look at my x-ray and instead of the stiff soled sandle thingy they gave me in A&E yesterday im now sporting a flippin back slab cast and crutches! can this get any better?

allthepies
    Free Member

username change to slowindian ?

portlyone

Could be worse, could have done ligaments!

yossarian
    Free Member

Rolled my ankle last Saturday. Nicely puffed up with a bruise fro
    The knuckle of my big toe all the way round the back and up to the knuckle of my little toe. Been on ibuprofen for the week and able to get about ok now. However as the swelling is going down, I’m getting shooting pains up my leg and even though the bruise is dying down my ankle is still puffed up and sore. Obviously as a man I have avoided going to hospital, worth going now d’you reckon? No offense up the OP, no snapping or ripping noises for me or I’d have been straight down there.

fastindian
    Free Member

yossarian – my wifes a radiographer and having read your post says time you got to A&E as well, shes got 25yrs experience under her belt so usually knows what shes on about!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

to the op and to yossarian did the same thing about 6years ago kids toys on stairs fell down stairs ankle goes pop and can’t walk hobble off to a&e turns out not only had i torn the tendons from the bone but what i thought was a badly twisted ankle a few years before was in fact a fracture to the socket in the ankle joint which had badly healed allowing my ankle to travel through a greater arc when i feel down the stairs thus doing even more damage cue 6 weeks in an inflatable cast and an ankle that is now weak and still gives me grief from time to time now 🙁

maccruiskeen

Could be worse, could have done ligaments!

Could have been worse in a different way – my mum managed to break one metatarsal in each foot in one incident a few years ago, that was inconveniencing

And a longer time ago my dad was kick starting a frozen motorbike and it kicked back and ruined his ankle. Determined to get going and worry about his ankle later he managed to sort of sit side saddle on the bike and kick start it again with his other foot. It kicked back again and did for the other ankle leaving him to crawl back to the house on his hands and knees.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Oh BUGGER my foot REALLY hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.