• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tess.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ogden reservoir to peckets well
  • Tess
    Free Member

I have been staring at the map trying to find the legal bridle way/lane route that connects these 2 places, i think I’ve worked out a connecting route but if anyone knows this for sure any help tips advice grateful for. Thank you.

ton

from ogden, head up the b/w over thornton moor. descend to the gate and go left on the calder aire link.
    when you reach the road, go left and climb up until you see a locked gate/track on the right. go over this and descend to Warley moor res.
    go round the edge of the res, over 2 footbridges. then follow the water catchment round until you come to a left turn, which is a descent. go RIGHT here onto high brown knoll.
    drop to the road, and go left down to pecket well.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m not sure of the legality of the track which runs along the culvert – its just marked as a ‘path’ on the OS map but I’ve never had any grief from riding it – loads do.

As per Tony’s instructions about though, when you get to the left hand fork (marked by a BW post IIRC) at the end of the culvert, if you go left then its a nice little flowing descent into the top of Luddenden Dean. You’ll get to a cross roads – left continues to drop into Luddenden Dean but if you turn right/back on yourself, that BW loops over the top of the moor and there are a couple of options of dropping straight into Peckett Well village (unlike Tony’s route which drops you off near the ice cream van on the Oxenhope road). Once in the village, you can drop over the road in the Peckett Well BW down into Hardcastle Craggs…

All in, from Ogden car park, the cheeky bit under the wind farm, around Warley Moor res and then across the moor and down to Hardcastle Craggs is (IMHO) one of the best 5/6? miles of trail around… Especially when its bone dry.

Tess
    Free Member

Thank you ton and daveyboywonder, not quite the route I worked out but yours looks simpler.

ton

the section from the end of the culvert down to the top of luddenden dene is a bog fest at present. the bit at the back of the wall is a swamp.
    i did it a couple of week ago.

Tess
    Free Member

So, I have my OS map, your directions, am off shortly to check it out. will le you know how I get on.

Tess
    Free Member

So that went v well, discovered great new to me trails, ended up dropping down off the moor right by peckets well, so many to choose from, great fun. Thank you for input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ogden reservoir to peckets well’ is closed to new replies.