Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Offset Shock bushings
  • duir
    Free Member

Anyone used offset shock bushing? Particularly interested in these as they are much cheaper than most other makes http://www.jeronholy.co.uk/Bushings/Site/bushings.htm

Would like to experiment with making my bike slacker with a nice low bottom bracket.

Northwind

I use some, though I used the Steamer ones rather than those. They didn’t work in my Hemlock- not enough frame clearance, probably true of a lot of well packaged bikes. Work a charm in my Ellsworth though. The Steamer ones flattened a little over time- they’re aluminium and there’s not that much metal in them. Maybe these brass ones will be better though.

jambon
    Free Member

Got some for my Reign and made a MASSIVE difference. The original Reigns were far too steep for that kind of frame so it suited slackening – careful measuring of clearances before hand is vital.

I wouldn’t recommend the bloke who made them though. I’ve seen threads for rather nice ones somewhere around here but about £40 for both.

jambon
    Free Member
    nmdbase
    Free Member

jambon, why wouldn’t you recommend him? I’ve just ordered some 🙁

joelm76
    Free Member

Got the burgtec ones to go on my heckler, really made it perfect. I think I appreciate the lower BB more than the slackened head angle, but whatever it is the bike feels great 🙂
    Can’t comment on longevity yet as it has only been a month and a bit’s worth of riding.

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

contact dave @burgtec who will tell you which kit you need and advise if your unsure! Top bloke

Rickos
    Free Member

I have the Burgtec ones and they’re fine. Burgtec make some very top end gear, so I doubt they’d cock up on offset bushings. Also, the price is £46 for a pair in Ti. Steamer make them for 20 Euros per end, so 40 Euros to compare against Burgtec.

To answer the OP – they do a great job on my Orange 5 and I can only offset by 2mm per end due to M8 bolts. Dropped the BB by almost 1/4 inch.

kudos100
    Free Member

I bought some from Ireland and to begin with they were fine. I’ve ridden the bike about 15 times and play has developed in them. I will contact they guy and see what he has to say……

bren2709

Hey guys if its Offset bushings or standard bushings you require drop me a line with you specifications. These can be made out of Brass, EN24T or Aluminium for standard top hat versions.
    Basically if you require custom parts give me a shout!
    Have done work for STW forum member “Love Tubs” so he can tell you how good i am!!!

wenanwhere
    Free Member
    Rickos
    Free Member

Sold my Orange 5 with the Burgtec bushings after using them for 300 miles. They were still nice and tight when I stripped the frame down for cleaning. I know 300 miles ain’t much, but I don’t see why they won’t last for ages being made of titanium. Now have a Stumpy EVO so no need to slacken the bike out!

duir
    Free Member

Got some for my Reign and made a MASSIVE difference. The original Reigns were far too steep for that kind of frame so it suited slackening – careful measuring of clearances before hand is vital.

I wouldn’t recommend the bloke who made them though. I’ve seen threads for rather nice ones somewhere around here but about £40 for both.

Come on then, spill the beans!

His bushings are half the price of everyone else and made of brass so would like to know what the issue was you had?

greeble
    Free Member

I bought one set from here
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Offset-Shock-bushings-Mounting-Hardware-Mount-kit-All-frames-Proshox-/300611150162?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fdd22152

they do the job just fine. and made a great difference to how the bike feels though I can only fit one set to my bike.
    wouldn’t dream of buying the burgtec ones though

kimbers

Ok about to order some of the ebay ones

this very handy guide tells me which ones i need
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/MountKitGuide.aspx

ive got a numpty question, i was only going to order 1 bushing at first so will there be a difference if i go for an offset in the top or bottom mount? I cant think of any reason
    (its for a kona stinky btw)

kimbers

bump ?

kayak23

I bought a set of these ones off ebay for my Giant Reign..

ebay link

…but have not actually used them as I ended up swapping frames before they came. I have to say though that I wasn’t actually that impressed by the finishing quality as there were a few small burrs evident on the insides of the mount holes, though maybe I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to finish in my line of work.

I have the frame waiting to be sold with the bushes in so will report back when I hear.

In all honesty, the Nukeproof Mega I got hold of to replace the Reign hasn’t been the revelation I was hoping it would be and I’m half inclined to switch back to the Reign with a slacker angle as it felt plusher with the coil shock that I use on both frames for downhilling.

scruff
    Free Member

Kimbers, wont matter apart from one end of the shock might have tighter clearances so leave that end alone.

I have some of the brass ones, one is a little loose going in the hulahoop but maybe hoop is a bit worn. Only tried them out and took them off, saving them for a trip to the Alps.

kimbers

i suppose if i go for the lower one the shock will sit 3mm lower in the frame than if i just go for the top one

also guessing the shock will move through a slightly different arc as it compresses, though i dont think it really moves very much

oh well ill order the ebay ones, kayak can u recall how long they took to arrive?

kayak23

kayak can u recall how long they took to arrive?

About a week and a half I think thereabouts.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Offset Shock bushings’ is closed to new replies.