Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • offroad recumbent……..
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Has it been done? Never ridden one but I think riding one offroad would be a right larf, not very far to fall either 😯

mboy
    Free Member

Nurse, quick, more sedatives and make sure the straight jacket is on properly this time!

😉

tommid
    Free Member

Really hard to climb on them, so it would be a bit rubbish, unless it was flat or downhill. Also they don’t handle well, so techy trails would be lethal.

RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekefr3xH3y8[/video]

Seen a guy ride a bmx track with one. Wasn’t very smooth.

sc-xc

Who was the recumbent fan on here a while ago? SOmeone always used to talk about them….

Edit: ben&kinetics.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

😯 oh my god, how sketchy does that look! I think I’ll give that a miss.

mrmo
    Free Member

make teachers, er…interesting

alpin
    Free Member

always thought it was a bit of a german thing.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

alpin –
    always thought it was a bit of a german thing.

What shitting?

Keando

I recently saw a guy on a off road recumbent on the bridleways around Luton. This guy was travelling had trouble catching up with him eventually did when he had to stop for a step through gate. Asked him about the bike – It was long wheelbase version and he reckoned it was very stable and quick on smooth trails but as Tommid mentions above no good on anything technical.

z1ppy

That video looks down right scarry, WTF?
    But Realman’s second pic of the 3 wheeler is intersting, what is it?
    A young lad round here has one, not spoken to him about it but watched him happily cycle under a single bar forestry gate without hesitation (was bemused to see a recumbant & too dazed to get him to stop & talk).

cookeaa

I think I’d be more interested in offroad, DH Recumbants than trying to cover XC routes or anything like that on one…

Yep a Recumbant specifically designed for DH…. or a go kart…

cookeaa
    RealMan
    Free Member

DH go karting? I can see this ending horribly.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i think ‘doddy’ rode one for MBUK ages ago (8 years?). looked a bit daft i seem to remember…

cookeaa

DH go karting? I can see this ending horribly.

Well seeing as the competitors are allready parralised from the waste down in most cases, I think there’s little alternative…

I reckon Riding a recumbent on the road is probably a more dangerous activity, considering how much some drivers hate normal bikes, Christ knows what sort of rage they’d fly into when presented with a recumbent occupying a whole lane, and if they don’t get you the dizzy bints in range rovers who can’t see over the dashboard certainly will…

DH karting is the future… FACT! *

(* of course if “Doddy” endorses though, it then it is by default, Utter Toss)

daznal
    Free Member

One thing,when you eventualy go ‘over ‘the bars,at least you’ll land on your feet

TiRed

Haluzak Traverse was a FS off-road recumbent. Now out of production.

RealMan
    Free Member

One thing,when you eventualy go ‘over ‘the bars,at least you’ll land on your feet

Or your head.

globalti
    Free Member

I saw several disabled guys doing the Cape Argus (68 miles) on very low racing recumbents, powered by their arms.

geoffj

Seen on Loughrigg a couple of years ago

Nearly as **** as a unicycle

epicyclo

They didn’t ride anything I wouldn’t take my granny’s bike on.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘offroad recumbent……..’ is closed to new replies.