Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Of course you can still ride!..
  • Jellybaby
    Free Member

..I wasn't with them last week but my friends had gone for a ride over Goathland way. Must have taken couple of hours getting there only for one of the more 'Elite Riders' to discover he had forgotton one of his spd shoes. Not sure how much persuasion he actually needed but still completed the ride in odd shoes! oh how i laughed when i heard! Im proud of him 😆

I suppose its one argument for sticking to flats!
    C'mon lets here how committed we are to not missing out…

DeeJay
    Free Member

Not sure about the 'elite' description but 'he did very well' 8)

ton

he has a good excuse tho 😉

devs
    Free Member

Got to Lagan and discovered I had forgotten my longs and jacket. It was -5. Rode it in shorts and t shirt. I got to the top of every climb first!

Chew
    Free Member

The funny thing was he had brought a pair of spd's, but they were 2 lefts not one of each.

Well done for Manning up and doing the ride Brian.

We also had Luke loosing his crank arm every couple of miles.

njee20
    Free Member

Justin Hoy turned up to a road race about 5 years ago and had forgotten his shoes, he tied his trainers to his pedals using toe straps and won the E/1/2 race, in a bunch sprint none the less!

I also turned up to a road race having forgotten my shorts, so I raced in my boxer shorts.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

so I raced in my boxer shorts

Another friend of mine raced to the cafe at Dalby Forest after a ride when he had no trousers to wear, now that was funny 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Of course you can still ride!..’ is closed to new replies.