Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Odd question…looking for collapsible desk and maybe Apple Mac Mini???
  • flyingfox
    Free Member

I was thinking of working from home a bit more to sort out all the web stuff we need to do as the broadband in the bike shop is terrible. Now the broadband is down thanks to BT, it has highlighted it to my attention even more.

Problem: I’ve worked from home before and we effectively had no living room, I do not want to go back to that situation. Therefore, I was thinking of a desk that could easily collapse and put behind the sofa/in the garage etc. and also a wee tiny computer that I could attach to my TV to work on. There may be two of us at times hence the reason why I would want a computer attached to the TV.

I cannot find anything on the Ikea website as yet but I’m rubbish with my search terms. Any ideas anyone?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

something like this you mean?

If you’re reasonable handy, such a thing would be pretty easy to make. Or scour s/h furniture places for a bargain; might find something tatty that you could clean up/paint, would do the job woon’t it?

You could construct a semi-drop leaf desk that is attached to the wall, would only need to potrude about 6″ max when folded.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Not a bad idea actually. Like it, thanks. Don’t have any wall space left however.

prezet
    Free Member

How about a laptop and a decent coffee shop.

zilog6128

If space is limited I would just go for a laptop tbh

flyingfox
    Free Member

Aye, I’m on a laptop now but could still do with a desk – better for my back and for work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Odd question…looking for collapsible desk and maybe Apple Mac Mini???’ is closed to new replies.