Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • odd lumicycle battery behaviour
  • Baldysquirt

My last night ride was about a month ago. After the ride I charged the battery as normal and have had it stored with my other lights stuff, disconnected from the head unit until yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon I charged the battery and then in the evening connected it to the head unit and drove out to Hope for a ride. Before leaving the house I tested it and was working fine. I disconnected it to fit it to my bike and when reconnected the red connection LED failed to light and I couldn’t get the bugger to work.

This morning I checked the charge on the battery and it took about 20mins to reach full (which seems odd as it hadn’t actually been used)and reconnected it to the lamp. It worked fine.

Does this mean my battery is buggered? It’s about 9 months old, regularly used and charged / stored in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. I certainly don’t want a repeat performance of last night or greatly reduced run times after relatively brief ownership. Any thoughts?

sam_underhill

This happened to my riding buddy’s lumi battery. Give Lumi a call, they’ll talk it through and probably recondition / fix it for nothing.

RustyMac

If it is new give Lumicycle a call, any time i have phoned in the past the guys on the other end of the phone have been great.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dodgy connection would be my guess
    the battery will always take a bit of charge as the cut off voltage will be higher than its normal voltage so i doubt that means very much tbh

Await an expert though there are some on here iirc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘odd lumicycle battery behaviour’ is closed to new replies.