Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • October weekend away – ideas?
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’m hoping to take my fiance away for a weekend in October, for her 30th birthday.
    Not really liking the Paris idea, am considering Rome but shame it’s not the best time of year to be sight-seeing outside.

Anywhere else I should consider? Obviously, cack weather might limit options a little…

uplink
    Free Member

Rome is great in October

EDIT: Usually 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Seville or Granada for nice weather, romantic atmosphere and lots of impressive old stuff to see.

davidrussell
    Free Member

dave, you the same one from CS? If so, hello 🙂

Prague maybe? Stockholm is really nice too, or even Scotland 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

Barcelona?

atlaz
    Free Member

How about a nice trip to Italy? 😈

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Dave Russell – aye, sshhh, don’t tell anyone!

We’ve done Barcelona – went there when I proposed, I liked it tho’.
    Prague/Stockholm, in mid-autumn, isn’t it going to be even more cold & wet than here?!
    Scotland – hahhahaha!

oldnpastit

What about heading over to Thetford and entering the Dusk-to-Dawn in the pairs category?

A night of sliding and slithering around in the mud – what’s not to like?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Had a great weekend recently in Vienna

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Naples – further south so warmer – we stayed at the Hotel Decumani Du Charme – really nice place, central location, reasonable price
    You do need a bit of a sense of adventure though. Crossing the road’s fun – pick the car, make eye contact and step out in front of it, it’ll (probably) swerve, you just march on. Great vibe about the place once you get over the graffiti and general run down look about the place. One of Europe’s truly great cities.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’ll get good weather in Madrid in October and plenty to do. Museums, touristy stuff and parks during the day and some excellent areas for drinks and food. Around Plaza Santa Ana (but not the Plaza itself), Malasaña, Chueca, Dos de Mayo are areas where you’ll find some great bars and eateries, the cathedral (not very awesome), some great buildings if you like that kind of thing.
    Have a root around here for things to do in Madrid.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Seville for the multitude of tapas bars 😆

plus Ryan air fly there so cheap (ish ) flights maybe available

donsimon
    Free Member

I think RyanAir fly to Madrid North too and Madrid Barajas, but not too sure about Madrid South though. EasyJet wil also get you to Madrid Barajas. 😉

wallop

We went to Rome in February and we were walking round in short sleeve t-shirts. It’s only the locals who think it’s cold – they were all wrapped up in their fur coats, even though it was lovely outside!

I prefer Barcelona to Rome though….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Madrid, go explore! We loved it!!!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Bruges. Hotel Caselburgh.

Might not be that warm in October though. The beers are good 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Now Bruges might be a winner, shame it’s not a bit later for the cheesy Christmas markets but it is somewhere I think she wants to visit sometime.
    Might save Rome for when we’ve got a bit longer there…
    Madrid – well I keep bleating on about moving to Spain so probably best to leave that til another time too! 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘October weekend away – ideas?’ is closed to new replies.