Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Oakley Flak Jacket Lenses
  • Weasel
    Free Member

I’m after some replacement lenses for my Oakleys to replace my yellow ones which are now very scratched after a number of years use.

I’ve found some Oakley Prizm Trail lenses, will these offer the same level of clarity like the yellow lenses?

There’s a number of replacement lenses on ebay, but the last ones I purchased ended up being returned as they didn’t clip into the frames properly.

wildfires3

The Prizm trail lenses are awesome, but are “darker” as in the VLT is less than the yellow. So if you use them at night then I wouldn’t use the Prizm trail at night.

Weasel
    Free Member

Thanks, I have clear lenses for night riding, and polarized for summer so in reality the yellow lenses are worn the most.

grahamt1980

Prizm low light are great for night riding.
    I got mine from rx sport

jca

Love my prizm trails – great improvement in definition when it gets gloomy. They are now delaminating though, so I’m looking at replacing them – £60 for a replacement set isn’t too bad. I’d hoped they would have lasted longer than the 4-5 years I’ve had them though.

wildfires3

I’ve found that Oakley lenses, once they were bought out by Luxotica fell massively. I have a pair of 1998 Minutes that have been everywhere with me and aside from some minor scratches are great. Same as my Gen 1 Half Jackets.

Conversely my later Minutes delaminated after a few years and one trip near the sea and the custom Prizm Trail Torch lenses I had for my half-jackets lasted about 1 year before the same thing happened.

I may look at some Prizm Low-light for my Racing Jackets though.

lucky13
    Free Member

If scratched lenses don’t have any coatings on, then it’s worth giving them a polish with Brasso or something similar. It can remove the smaller scratches and lessens the deeper ones.

Polishing worked well on the lenses for my Half Jackets – which aren’t available from Oakley anymore and the third party lenses aren’t as good. I’ve also polished off the Iridium coating on some lenses which were very badly scratched and delaminating, turning them into normal plain lenses.

mmcd

Do oakley make any glasses for the beefier of head ?

prettygreenparrot

Sunglassesfix lenses seem OK to me as Half Jacket lens replacements.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Flak Jacket Lenses’ is closed to new replies.