Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oaklet glasses Which Lens
  • MTB-steve
    Free Member

Hi all,i going to buy some oakley flak glasses with perscription lenses but am undecided on which lens to get,i really need an all round lens which is good in sunny and dull conditions,am thinking a transition lens would be good as will go darker when sunny,any advice would be gratefull,thanks steve

druidh
    Free Member

I have prescription Oakleys with a Black Persimmon transition lens. Unlike my previous (non-presciption) Specializeds, these do go clear enough for night riding. I went for the Half Jacket with the larger XLJ lens. Best performance upgrade I’ve ever made for cycling.

crazy-legs

I find that G30’s work well in 95% of riding conditions, everything from in-the-woods to sunny summer days.

woffle
    Free Member

I’d echo the G30’s as a good all-rounder – I’ve got three lenses – a hi-intensity yellow (I think that’s what they call it) for the winter commutes, a G30 that I wear pretty much in everything bar the brightest day and black iridium for when the sun is really out and shining…

Never tried transitions so can’t speak for their performance or otherwise. I have heard mixed reviews but not in a position to comment really.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oaklet glasses Which Lens’ is closed to new replies.