Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • O2 iphone network problems?
  • BoardinBob

Is anyone else having problems browsing the net on their iphone at the moment? I've got a 5 bar signal but I'm getting a message stating:

"Could not activate cellular data network"

whenever I try to use Safari

beings
    Free Member

Was happening a lot yesterday. I just put it down to some sort of snow related problem.

trail_rat
    Free Member

guys in my office are moaning about it !

cp

i got the message yesterday, but it carried on and worked fine anyway.

matthewjb
    Free Member

O2 mobile internet was generally rubbish yesterday. I don't think it's a iPhone specific problem.

WackoAK
    Free Member

just tried to access safari and get the same message.

aP
    Free Member

I got it yesterday but turned the phone off and on again and it was fine.

Jamie
    Free Member

Working fine down in Peterborough.

ktaylor
    Free Member

Yup, still getting this message after 24 hours. Restarting the phone hasn't done anything either.

BoardinBob

Tried restarting but no change. Need to get into my Hotmail and the nazi firewall at work blocks it 😡

carbon337
    Free Member

clicky thingy me bob

Lots of people with this issue on the 02 site. Mine is fine in Northumberland although im probably the only person up here with one to be honest

coffeeking
    Free Member

My normal 02 phone kept telling me the "packet network is busy". I accepted defeat.

ebygomm
    Free Member

It's not just iphone, O2 mobile internet in general.

Mine wasn't working last night, working again first thing this morning, then off again, managed to check my email briefly about 15 minutes ago but seems to be off again

rooty
    Free Member

had this as well. Seems to be network problems. try this wee tip. go to settings -> general -> network -> cellular data network and change the apn from 'idata DOT o2 DOT co DOT uk' to 'mobile DOT o2 DOT co DOT uk'. Worked for me. Not sure if i'll get hit for extra charges (i shouldn't) but i'll be changing it back later today to see if the networks back up.

woffle
    Free Member

getting something similar in London at the moment.

lookoutkid
    Free Member

Try this?

There is a workaround been posted on the O2 forums "Go to Settings… General… Network… Cellular Data Network, and change the Cellular Data APN from idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk.."

mdb
    Free Member

Just saw this on O2's Twitter feed:

We apologise to customers who cannot use data at the moment. We have a fault with the allocation of IP addresses which we are fixing.

chrispy

MMS hasn't worked for me for a couple days now, even after changing the settings as above.
    It would appear there is a problem at O2's end and not with the iphone as they have just said on twitter:

'We apologise to customers who cannot use data at the moment. We have a fault with the allocation of IP addresses which we are fixing.'

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

"Go to Settings… General… Network… Cellular Data Network, and change the Cellular Data APN from idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk.."

That seems to have worked for me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘O2 iphone network problems?’ is closed to new replies.