Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Numpty spotify help
  • ononeorange

I want to give Spotify a try. I have installed it a couple of times, but each time it asks me to log into my Facebook account.

I don’t have a Facebook account and certainly don’t want one, does this mean I can’t use Spotify or am I just being my usual numpty PC-illiterate self?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You should have an option not to link it to facebook. I have both but they are not linked

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

I have heard that new accounts on Spotify make it very difficult not to link it with Facebook. I’ve had both for ages and still have to cancel the invitation to link every time I open Spotify.

That’s no help at all really, sorry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dan1980
    Free Member

I had the thing where it kept asking for my facebook login. I gave in, but found there’s a setting in preferences to “disconnect” from your facebook account, then it stops asking.

ononeorange

No options offered TJ – it just downloaded and then bang straight into “log in via Facebook”.

Bugger. Any alternatives to Spotify that I don’t need to be a teenager to use?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you want a facebook account, it won’t do anything you don’t want it to do. A touch paranoid, no?
    This post is sponsored by http://www.facebook.com/.

dan1980
    Free Member

ononeorange: Have you registered with Spotify? You have to register with them, or use facebook. If you don’t have or want to use your facebook acount, then create a spotify account using the signup link on the login page, it’s just above the blue login button.

ononeorange

No. I don’t want one. I don’t want people to know what I do – I just want to listen to music.

druidh
    Free Member

ononeorange – Member
    No. I don’t want one. I don’t want people to know what I do

Here’s an idea – just don’t tell them

dan1980
    Free Member

Then unfortunately, unless you’re prepared to register with spotify, then you won’t be able to use it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Which bit of it won’t do anything unless you tell it is so difficult to understand?
    Do you realize that Spotify doesn’t just give you music it actually downloads a listening device to you computer to listen to your conversations?

ononeorange

Don – enough of the sarcasm please. I don’t like Facebook and don’t want it – OK?

Thanks Dan for the helpful suggestion. Just tried it as you said, but everything leads back to Facebook. I will look for something else. Thanks though.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’re welcome, but the world has changed. Deal with it. 😀

druidh
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Numpty spotify help’ is closed to new replies.