Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • numbskull cyclists
  • rOcKeTdOg

Here’s the scene, a busy A road with a cycle lane either side, cycle lanes being part of the road rather than sharing the footpath. It is very very foggy, the cyclist is well dressed, hi Viz and lights on, so far perfect. Except he travelling in the wrong direction on the wrong side of the road and myself and other road users are taking avoiding action because we see bright white lights on our left rather than the traditional right. The correct side of the road is not obstructed, there is no reason for him not to use it. No wonder many drvers hate cyclists

theboatman
    Free Member

No wonder many drvers hate cyclists

I was wondering whose fault this was, so thank god you found him.

scuzz
    Free Member

Feeling the STW Love already!

binners

He shouldn’t be around to annoy you for too much longer. Darwinism innit?

antigee

numbskull cyclist s

Solo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry.

Nature punishes the stupid.

If that cyclist continues to ride in the wrong direction on the road.
    Then eventually he’ll be taken out of the gene pool.

Makes me wonder though. Highway authourities, etc.
    Surely they could have seen this coming.
    Wouldn’t it only take a little more paint on the road in the form of a travel direction arrow, pasted in the cycling lane ?.
    Painted direction arrows, obviously, for the terminally stupid, of course.
    😉

rocketman
    Free Member

There were a couple of road cyclists on the way home last night. Urban dual carriageway, speed limit 40, traffic lights every couple of hundred yards or so.

Inbetween every set of lights we all had to wait while a lorry lumbered past the cyclists only for the next set of lights to turn red and then the cyclists filtered up the inside of the lorry to the front. Lights-overtake-filter-lights-overtake-filter-lights-overtake-filter-lights… 🙄

Solo
    Free Member

Nice try Rocketman.
    😉

But that still can’t beat two lorries overtaking one another on the A14.

That really should be a hanging offense.

Speshpaul

they’ve added 7.5t and above NO overtaking zones now, so they can travel the full length of those a 54.5mph side by side.

not that it bothers me, oh no:-)

martinhutch

There’s a bloke who whizzes down the hill near my house every morning to turn right the t-junction with a busy road at the bottom. It appears to be his unwavering aim to never apply his brakes, regardless of what’s coming left or right, so he just flies onto the pavement, the wrong side of the road, whatever is available at the last second.

I’m glad he’s there though – I’m normally walking the kids to school at the time and I can use him as a perfect example of the wrong way to ride in traffic.

Solo
    Free Member

they’ve added 7.5t and above NO overtaking zones now, so they can travel the full length of those a 54.5mph side by side.

not that it bothers me, oh no:-)

Those zones are ignored ( I’ve been traveling the A14 alot this last year ) and are not enforced.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘numbskull cyclists’ is closed to new replies.