Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Nukeproof mega, anyone got on built up yet?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Hi everyone, looking for a new frame as i fancy a change. Seems to be a lot of hype around this nukeproof mega frame. The angles look good as does the price.

Has anyone here actually had a good ride on on yet or built one up? Wondering what the build quality is like and how it rides really?

Thanks

Hugh

muddyfunster
    Free Member

hugh_b – Member

Hi everyone, looking for a new frame as i fancy a change. Seems to be a lot of hype around this nukeproof mega frame. The angles look good as does the price.

Hype being the operative word there, as far as I know only sponsored riders and journos have been talking about them to date. They have done a very slick job of building hype, anticipation and internet chatter around a relatively new and completely unproven bike brand.

The geometry does look promising on paper though, and there is no arguing with the price.

chakaping
    Free Member

There seems to be more backlash than hype to me, to be fair.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

A friend of mine(and fairly handy rider) is building one up now,hopefully it will be ready for a weekend test wobble… 😛

muddyfunster
    Free Member

chakaping

There seems to be more backlash than hype to me, to be fair.

In the last few weeks because of supply, maybe, but it’s been a steady build up of hype for what 18 months now? and that’s probably a good part of the supply problem.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Saw one in the flesh today (just frame) looked very well made, and a nice finish.

I’m 6ft and would be tempted by a medium, what sizes have you guy’s ordered compared to your height?

Hugh

Monkey-Boy
    Free Member

I’m also tempted by this frame built up with a set of 170mm lyriks. I’m torn between a small or a medium – I’m 5’9″, what sizes are people thinking about? It’s got a long wheelbase and don’t want to end up feeling like I’m trying to steer a barge!
    Cheers.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I tightened the last bolt up only 30 minutes ago!
    Photos tomorrow and maybe will ride it as well, looks too nice to get dirty!
    I’m 6’3″ and ordered a large, which is actually 18.5″ centre to top of seat tube.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Cool, what size did you for and how tall are you?

Thanks

Hugh

Deveron53
    Free Member

I edited, see above!

andysandes
    Free Member

Deveron53 how does the large fit you? Can you get the saddle up to the proper hight for riding up hill

Cheers

Andy

TomHill
    Free Member

Was hoping to have mine this weekend, but hotlines seem to have forgotten about biketart, and they haven’t received theirs 🙁

Deveron53
    Free Member

I haven’t had a proper ride yet but I’ve got a 400mm seatpost and seem to be able to get it high enough. My main issue is with the steep seat tube and getting the right length stem.
    My riding position has evolved over the last two years, this bike is the next step.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Was hoping to have mine this weekend, but hotlines seem to have forgotten about biketart, and they haven’t received theirs

Well, I was in JE James Sheffield today and they seem to be selling their allocation well. Give them a ring tomorrow, I think they’ve got loads of Silver but have no more Large Black left.

Deveron53
    Free Member

My Large (19.5″) 575 frame is still ‘in the building’ and the effective top tube length is virtually identical despite the steep seat tube. Should be a smooth transition.

TomHill
    Free Member

Well, I was in JE James Sheffield today and they seem to be selling their allocation well. Give them a ring tomorrow, I think they’ve got loads of Silver but have no more Large Black left.

Cheers. I’ve got a large silver on order with Biketart, they are relatively small, and been really good keeping me informed, so don’t want to screw them over. Won’t be riding it this weekend, so as long as I get it for next, it doesn’t make much difference.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof mega, anyone got on built up yet?’ is closed to new replies.