Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Nuke Proof Snap and other 4x type frames
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

I’m wanting a downhill/freeride bike but don’t have the money for things like the froggy or scalp etc. So have been looking at 4x and dirt jump frames to do the same job as a downhill bike. The Snap looks perfect and is in perfect price range. Anyone had any experience with them and any other suggestions to look for?

Cheers

honourablegeorge

I’ve got a lovely Intense Tazer hardtail frame, if you’re interesed.

Ano Black, size M, never used off road, practically new.

honourablegeorge at gmail dot com

big-chief-96
    Free Member

I’ll bear it in mind honourablegeorge, (we share the best name in the world ;-)) but at the moment I don’t have the money, probably in 2 months ill have, just after Christmas. I’ll drop you an email near that time and if you’ve still got it then then I’ll give it some serious consideration.
    Cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think the Snap looks good to be honest. Transition also do something similar I think, called The Bank. Also, a Cotic BFe would probably work aswell. What do you want it for exactly?

I wouldnt bother with the Intense, the geometry looks a bit ropey for starters – 16.75inch chainstays on a dirt/4x frame?!?!

big-chief-96
    Free Member

Really I ride Xx on a summer season but have recently been going out with mates who ride downhill and freeride. I don’t have the money for two bikes so was thinking get a frame set and make a single speed jump bike type that’s cheap so I can keep up without having to worry about my more delicate on-one. (I know the summer season can cope with the rigour of freeride type but its a 20″ frame so a bit big for chucking about).

I don’t have much skill bit I’m wanting to learn so the frame needs to be TOUGH to allow for many falls and shitty landings etc.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

*Xc

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used to have a dmr trailstar for that kind of thing, felt ideal with 100mm forks. You may find it a bit steep in the head angle if you’re used to a summer season. Theres loads of fairly cheap steel dirt jump frames kicking about, but I’d guess you want something with a lnogish top tube if you ride a 20″ on one.

honourablegeorge

There’s about an inch of adjustment on the chainstay with the sliding dropouts – would be no different in length to the Bank.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Dialled Holeshot? (currently available on a well-known auction site 😉 ). Ride wise, pretty much on a par with a 14″ 456 Summer for chuckability, but with a shorter, more lively, back end and lovely 853 main tubes 😛 . Ridden a Tazer HT too – lovely looking bike and/but stiff as hell (oh, and the back end can be run at 16.5).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I imagine these are pretty tough: http://www.balfa.co.uk/frames/frames-twofortythree

If I wanted a strong frame, I’d definitely buy one made from steel.

Edit: Ive just seen a picture of one fully built, it looks a bit steep and dirt jumpy.

Get a Cotic.

nwill1
    Free Member

Check my blender on my PB profile page http://will4x.pinkbike.com/ also there is a video of me ridding dj/freeride/dh (make sure you watch the colour one)

It’s just what your after, its my only bike cause I can’t afford a shed load like some and I use it for dh, fr, dj, xc, trail 4x, BMX track the lot.

Strong fast & fun, my mates ride full on dh rigs but I’m never too far behind.

Snap is a bit too race orientated for my liking, alternatively by mama dirts hole shot.

steezysix
    Free Member

Get an NS Surge frame, adjustable dropouts so you can run either geared or SS and it’s tougher than Ross Kemp.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Nuke Proof Snap and other 4x type frames’ is closed to new replies.