Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Not really a rant but magazines
  • compositepro
    Free Member

I bought one a few months ago because someone said it was new and improved.I bought this months because I thought give it a chance if nothing else it was something to look at on the bog .
    Severely disappointed Do people think the printed mags are now flogging a dead horse

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Something can’t be both new and improved. It’s either new or it’s been improved. Pedant mode off 🙂

psling
    Free Member

What magazine did you buy? They’re obviously not a dead horse if they’re still commercially viable and it’ll be a long time before e-gadgetry replaces them entirely. There are a lot of titles out there, perhaps you need to look at others. Singletrack for example (although admittedly it’s not monthly)…

Jamie
    Free Member

What magazine did you buy?

Razzle

Horses were flogged.

cynic-al
    Free Member

they are crap IMO, after reading them for 20 years

compositepro
    Free Member

It was called MBR said it had new photos and stuff like unbiased reviews and stuff and….err no

psling
    Free Member

Do they have a ‘justification for buying‘ serious article in Razzle these days? Or was that Playboy?

Jamie
    Free Member

Playboy was always about the articles.

Razzle about the **** mostly.

mrmo
    Free Member

Future Publishing profit warning

I think that has to say something for the state of the industry.

psling
    Free Member

Ah, should have checked the advert on the back cover. Horses never change their spots.

beanieripper
    Free Member

yep, they are all crap. i’ve stopped buying them completely. Full of adverts and not much to read..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

MBR is bad

donsimon
    Free Member

4-12 comics.
    13-21 magazines.
    22+ the real world.
    With the exception of Viz, of course.

Duffer
    Free Member

MBR is my favourite of the bike mags:

MBUK is the bike equivalent of Max Power.
    WMB is aimed squarely people buying kit – more of a catalogue than a mag.
    dirt and singletrack look like a-level photography coursework, and i find them very difficult to read.
    I’m not saying MBR is perfect – not by a long way – but it’s still my favourite.

Northwind

I haven’t got to this month’s MBR yet, but, they’ve done some really good features lately. The Crawfy and Guy Martin interviews/features were the best things I’ve seen in a mag so far I reckon. But their reviews remain awful.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

MBUK is written by retarded manchildren for retarded actual children

WMB is something I would flick through in smiths but they don’t seem to review anything other than XC gear – is this still the case?

MBR is ok, one of the better ones although I’m not interested in their route guides

Singletrack is pretty good, a bit too much niche 29ers and single speed rigid nonsense though 🙂

Dirt has great photos and features but I do wonder what drugs the designers are on.

Northwind

randomjeremy – Member

Dirt has great photos and features but I do wonder what drugs the designers are on.

They sent me a transcript of a page once because I emailed them to tell them I couldn’t read it, due to their awful colour choices :mrgreen: They just can’t help themselves. “I know- turqoise text on crimson!” Only a matter of time til they print an article entirely in pink text on pink paper.

CountZero

I’m about to cancel my Singletrack sub, I’ve let my Bike Magazine sub lapse, and I haven’t bought a copy of Dirt or MBUK since last year. The only mags I buy now are Wired and The Word. I’ve just lost interest in reading cycling mags, frankly; I have six or seven issues of Bike and Singletrack sitting in their bags unopened and unread at the moment. I can find better things to do with the money, TBH.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Not really a rant but magazines’ is closed to new replies.