Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Not one of condems better ideas, not that he has many
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23419848

Drive a van round london town telling illegal imigrants to text the numnber if they want to go home.

A few van drivers have now got a job.

piemonster

Jesus ******* wept

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think it was done for publicity to make them look tough and like they are tackling the threat head on.
    I think it is aimed more at middle england tbh the sort of person who wants to see coppers on the street telling off urchins for scrumping.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Surely it’s an excellent idea – a highly visible mobile advert, paid for by the taxpayer, to reassure Daily Mail readers that their Tory government, is a no-nonsense get tough on illegal immigrants who sponge off an over generous nanny state, type Tory government

10/10

binners

I feel a freedom of information request coming on. Exactly how many phone calls from illegal immigrants wanting to go home did you actually receive?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I feel a prank call coming on

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I wonder of you could get the “heavies” sent round to irritating people’s houses….

This could quite possibly be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen the government come up with?

unklehomered
    Free Member

What it immediately reminded me of…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z1smdltrjpw#t=41s[/video]

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

This could quite possibly be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen the government come up with?

Not been watching the news in the past 25 years then? 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if the driver of the van was found to be an illegal immigrant?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Wow I guess that is Tories for you!

piemonster

Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if the driver of the van was found to be an illegal immigrant?

Mistakes happen, in a previous job we used a well known recruitment agency to manage the temp staff. Enough of them that they had their own on site office. Turned up to work one day and approx 65% of the temps had vanished after a raid by the authorities. The agency hadn’t done any checks on the temps, and that was the end of that agencies contract.

footflaps

Well the Tories will insist the contract is out sourced to the lowest bidder, so I’d be surprised if anyone is actually legally employed and not all cash in hand, below minimum wage, illegal immigrants. God Bless Capitalism and Mrs Thatcher etc etc.

konabunny
    Free Member

Barnet, Hounslow, Barking and Dagenham, Ealing, Brent and Redbridge

How completely inexplicable that they didn’t have time to tour Shephards Bush, Hammersmith and Clapham, which are also known for high levels of immigration and overstaying. I cannot possibly conceive any reason why that might be.

nick1962
    Free Member

Having just watched a documentary http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-23380772 on the horrors Ethiopians migrants endure to try and get into Saudi Arabia(of all places!)
    I doubt many who had the fortune to make it to the UK will be rushing to ring that number soon.
    The idea smacks of political stunt,playing to the (UKIP)gallery and displays the paucity of real thinking around migration issues.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’ll be a runaway success. Who could resist the opportunity to respond to an invitation written in a language that they may not understand to text in and volunteer to be arrested, imprisoned and deported?

I’d expect the text number to be text bombed and sent plenty of expensive to follow up false leads.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s actually a very clever idea if you’re a condem. Not if you’re a reasonable human being with any scrap of a conscience.

It spreads further fear of ALL immigrants (remember, all immigrants are bad, yeah? bad and brown.), makes people who are here legally feel guilty and maybe think about moving home to a country that doesn’t mind them being there. It incites hatred in bigots and mail readers, and even though it actually does nothing at all (hey, text this number to tell us you’re hear illegally and we’ll make you spend money you don’t have on flights back to a country that is so awful you broke the law to leave it!)it will make them think something has been done and ensuring future condem votes.

Clever, eh?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….to respond to an invitation written in a language that they may not understand

Actually I believe that what is classed as illegal immigrants is in reality mostly made up those who have overstayed their visa, Australians for example.

Most illegal migrants likely to be white

“Long-stay immigrants into the UK from Poland, India and China are outnumbered by Germans, South Africans, North Americans, people from the white Commonwealth and returning Britons.”

North Americans and people from the white Commonwealth won’t have too much trouble reading the message.

Of course Daily Mail readers won’t realise this because as the article quite rightly points out :

“There is no debate in the media, among politicians and among the public concerning North Americans and the white Commonwealth.”

So yeah, the campaign will primarily have ‘darkies’ who speak funny in mind. Even though they don’t represent the biggest problem.

footflaps

It spreads further fear of ALL immigrants non white people

FIFY

crikey
    Free Member

The Tory Manifesto appears to be:

1) We don’t like Darkies
    2) We don’t like you masturbating

It’s not going to be a winner…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you not heard of ”joining the conservative party” ?

wrecker
    Free Member

WTactualF????
    I have had some truly shit ideas but shit the bed, that is properly bone.

1) We don’t like Darkies
    2) We don’t like you masturbating

Maybe they could just ban the “ebony” categories? Masturbating over darkies must be very frowned upon.

athgray
    Free Member

It kind of reminds me of the adverts on Starship Troopers.
    The only good bug is a dead bug!
    Would you like to know more?

ninfan
    Free Member

Bearing in mind that Labour had an illegal immigrant shot in the head, I’d say it was an improvement!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Bearing in mind that Labour had an illegal immigrant shot in the head, I’d say it was an improvement!

The Met Police are the armed wing of the Labour Party ?

But yeah, good point – the British police were shooting people in the head for being illegal immigrants.

EDIT : It’s just dawned on me ninfan, only one person could make such a dumb halfwit comment as that, and the “folding saw, legailty” thread has just confirmed it for me – you’re Zulu-eleven/Labrat !! 😀

athgray
    Free Member

So that’s why they did it. B******s.

ninfan
    Free Member

Operation Kratos shoot to kill orders were signed off by Tony Blair and David Blunkett without any public debate – it was them who gave police the powers to act as judge, jury and executioner, and them that made sure nobody was prosecuted for murdering him, so, yep!

Edit – nope, you’ve guessed wrong, bur you do know me! 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So Operation Kratos – the tactics developed to deal with suspected suicide bombers, was in reality aimed specifically at killing illegal immigrants ?

You come out with ’em, dontcha Z-11 ? 🙂

kimbers

I reckon we could all chip in and get another van to follow it with
    with a ‘shop a tory’ hotline number on the side

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Edit – nope, you’ve guessed wrong, bur you do know me!

No I’ve guessed correctly. The only persons approaching anywhere near that level of dumbness are Enfth/whatever his name is, and bloodynora, but neither of them can quite cope with constructing a whole paragraph.

You’re Z-11 alright. But why the denial – were you banned ? If you were I’d be surprised, you never acted out of order imo.

athgray
    Free Member

The Met police force were prosecuted for his murder. I also don’t think the Tories have removed these powers. To say that Labour are to blame for De Menezes would be similar to blaming the Tories if the van above killed a cyclist.

footflaps

Yes, that made me laugh. You’d think he’d be a bit more careful!

Oh the ironing etc!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Not one of condems better ideas, not that he has many’ is closed to new replies.