Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Not all MP's are in it for themselves
  • iolo
    Free Member

I would like to thank my local MP – Hywel Williams.
    With his help I have managed to get my driving license back.
    I was getting nowhere with the DVLA (probably the most useless shower of shit I have ever come across) and in desperation asked for his help.
    Five days later I got a phone call saying I have my license back.Without any limitations.
    I know there’s an election coming up and the cynic in me says maybe it’s for votes but hey – I don’t care.
    He’s ok in my book.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well done Hywel 🙂

br
    Free Member

I watched that Despatches programme last night, with Straw and Rifkind.

Afterwards felt kinda sorry for Jack, as he did nothing wrong – which is a complete 180 to what I thought when I originally heard the news story.

spawnofyorkshire

that’s great news iolo

saxabar
    Free Member

He’s mine too and while I won’t be voting Plaid Cymru, he has good views on the surveillance state and privacy (I’ve urged him to vote against increasing powers).

MrNice
    Free Member

I remember your thread about losing your licence. That’s excellent news you’re back on the road

ampthill

Good one

I’ll tip the nod to kelvin Hopkins

He supports the college I work at. Its not just pitch up when i might get some publicity it solids support.

jambourgie
    Free Member

the DVLA (probably the most useless shower of shit I have ever come across)

Hear, hear!

And since when have they been able to give out/sell your details? I got a parking ticket invoice recently from some cowboy parking company. As it wasn’t from the council, and I was actually visiting the owner of the land on business it went in the bin, but then a couple of weeks later I get a bullying letter from them in the post addressed in such a way that their information could only have been furnished by the DVLA.

rt60
    Free Member

Kelvin Hopkins is my MP, I don’t agree with his stance on a lot of issues, but to be fair both the Luton MP’s seem to be in it for genuinely the right reasons.

MoreCashThanDash

Good news, glad for you.

Most MPs try and do a good job for their constituents. Even though he was stopped from talking to our civil service department for a while, I’d like to have the Beast of Bolsover on my side!

piemonster

I watched that Despatches programme last night, with Straw and Rifkind.

Afterwards felt kinda sorry for Jack, as he did nothing wrong – which is a complete 180 to what I thought when I originally heard the news story.

Apart from being The Demon Headmaster

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

and the cynic in me says maybe it’s for votes

It’ll be for your vote then, he’s a politician, he doesn’t give a single shite about your licence.

My MP’s a tory Nob, I sent him a letter asking some pertinent questions & he replied with a sarcastic letter that explained naff all.
    Is it actually true that MP’s got an 11% pay rise last year? (Cos he said they didn’t)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Not all MP's are in it for themselves’ is closed to new replies.