Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Northwave Celsius Sizing?
  • 1nten5e
    Free Member

Looking to buy some of the new Celsius Arctic GTX winter boots, anyone got any experience of the sizing? No dealer close to me to try them out so it’ll have to be mail order, and I heard that they come up small

Craggyjim
    Free Member

They are a little on the small size and quite narrow. I am normally an 8/8.5 and have a pair of 9s which fit fine. What size would you be after. I have a second immaculate set I want to sell?

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Scratch that, I’ve just noticed that you want the Arctic version. Mine are the normal Celcius GTX model.

raversknee
    Free Member

craggyjim, are the boots you’re selling a size 9? If they’re bigger I am interested.
    Cheers

wormhole

buy them at least two sizes to big! they come in small and with a bit extra room you can wear decent warm sox with them, then they are ok.

1nten5e
    Free Member

2 sizes? wow

thanks for the replies guys

Bimbler
    Free Member

The Celsius GTX is one of my best ever cycling buys, I’ve got a boggo standard one not the arctic – which I don’t think you’d need warm socks with anyway?

I’m a 44 or 45 and 45’s fit me fine – although doesn’t leave room for anything much thicker than a normal merino sock.

Blimey just checked out the price of the new ones HOW MUCH? Think I got mine for £80ish

DezB
    Free Member

buy them at least two sizes to big

Really? I’ve got 2 pairs of Northwave (not the Celsius, admittedly) and they are a perfect fit. Much wider than Shimano. A 10 is a 10.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain they are size 9….just give me a sec to check a previous advert….

UK 9.5, Euro 43

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-northwave-celcius-mtb-shoes

Simwit

Just got mine today. I am normally a size 7 in most shoes & size 41/UK 7.5 fit me perfectly with normal cycling socks on and I have relatively wide fitting feet.

Marko

Well I missed those, so if you have no other offers I’ll take them
    Ta
    Marko

raversknee
    Free Member

Craggyjim, thanks for the confirmation. Just tried a size 10 northwave shoe in LBS and it was snug so reckon 9.5 will be too small.

For info on sizing, I’m normally a size 9 and based on the fitting today I’d go for 10.5 to allow room for thicker socks if needed.

Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Just a warning from personal experience, don’t size for Northwave boots by trying Northwave shoes, tried shoes that fitted perfectly, ordered the boots in the same size and couldn’t even get my feet into them.

1nten5e
    Free Member

Good job CRC are good with the returns policy then, think I’ll just punt for a size up and see how they are when they get here

catfood
    Free Member

Im normally an 8 or 9 in boots, my celcius are 11s and still pretty snug, Id get a train somewhere, Evans stock them, must be one somewhere near you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Northwave Celsius Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.