• This topic has 20 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by gil_.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • North Yorkshire Moors – Routes?
  • Big-Pete
    Free Member

Planning on heading up to Whitby for 2/3 midweek days in March. Has anyone got any routes for the area. Will spend 1 day at Dalby so needing a couple of routes that will hold up some wet riding.

mud-dodger
    Free Member

Guisborough woods / moors is only 30 minutes from Whitby, although some of the regular tracks have been destroyed by logging activities.

if you have a look here you may find some nice routes.
    Although there’s plenty of open moorland all round Whitby to play on!! 😀
    There is also an exellent disused railway line that runs from Whitby to Scarborough if the moors / forest tracks are boggy.(nice if you fancy a gentle ride)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dalby is still closed at the minute Pete..

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Bloomin boolarks,aint it dried out yet?

ton

miggy woods is good…… 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dunno Bru, Not been for a while..

You gonna be up at the weekend??

Will venture out if yer around…

Tony, You’ll be up for this no doubt bru?

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Was planning o a trip next week Tues to Fri with my 2 eldest lads, staying at Y Hostel. If Dalbys shut I might just do Wales or even go up to GT
    Will check with Purple shop tommorow.

pumpanani
    Free Member

did you get the bike built? We could go to wales and do the rides we didnt finish because of your bike wrecking skills 😉

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Respect your elders sonny.

ton

big lad, so wot you broke….

MisterCrud
    Free Member

It’s locals only in N Y Moors…sorry.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Had a bit of bad luck riding the conti trail, a stone sent my rear mech into spokes and **** my mech and hanger, single speeded it and then my bb seized, all this happened at furthest point out and it was minus 4 and blowing a hooly.
    New build is Ti 456 cos I sold the Ti Morning Glory. Have you been out ont gate yet 😉

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Err Mr Crud I was born in Levisham so get orf my land

ton

New build is Ti 456 cos I sold the Ti Morning Glory. Have you been out ont gate yet

lakes last weekend, ding dong i was the king of garburn…. 😳

duckers
    Free Member

Guisborough woods, roseberry topping, captain cooks monument, clay bank, wainestones, carlton bank (has a downhill course as well), osmotherly… that should keep you busy for a day,, I dont have any exact routes as I usually just ride up there and try to spot tracks I’ve never ridden or ran before…

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Cheers folks keep em coming :o)

keavo
    Free Member

danby, ainthorpe rigg, crossley side, fryupdale head, glaisdale rigg, glaisdale, lealholmeside, danby beacon, clitherbeck, danby. nice 3hours or so, better than a ride round dalby. could start/finish at glaisdale (not far from whitby).

ton

pete, let me know, i will have a day off for the queen.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Are you calling me a poof

Will do.

Checking Dalby tommorow, if its open we are coming.

goldenballs
    Free Member

http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/default.aspx
    try this website mate there are a few good routes to choose whatever your level. My in-laws live at the top of Bransdale – it’s bloody wet!!!

gil_

Rode Dalby last night 🙂

Blo*dy lovely, had a bit of drizzly rain overnight though but only enough to damp the ground

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘North Yorkshire Moors – Routes?’ is closed to new replies.