Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • North York Moors route suggestions please….
  • Horse
    Free Member

Off there this weekend I think, only ridden there once, anyone got any classics to share? Doesn’t need to be silly technical as I’ll have my lass with me,

cheers.

(and don’t say Dalby!)

thecrackfox
    Free Member

Kildale loop:

Up the road to the Cleveland Way on Battersby Moor, then the bridleway across Ingleby Moor around Baysdale Moor and then onto Great Hograh Moor :D, down the road past Hob Hole then over Kildale Moor to Warren Farm and back to the Glebe cafe for a pint and cake.

Or something along the Hambleton Drove Road if you want something further south,

ton

rosedale round is good.
    start at the lion inn, and finish with a roast dinner………. 8)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Wherabouts are you staying Horse?

Horse
    Free Member

Wherever the van takes us! Completely no idea. Will drive over on Friday, ride Saturday, dog walking and fossil hunting on the beach Sunday then back on Monday morning. Staying in the van so will find a little hidey spot in some woods (usually near a pub…….)

neillys75
    Free Member

Rosedale area

DeeJay
    Free Member

Here is suggestion for you then

Park Scaling Res – Take track to High Tranmire Farm, BW south across Roxby High Moor to Fern Farm, continue on to Lealholm Side – turn L onto Rake Lane and follow this to Glaisdale – straight across onto Glaisdale Rigg, L at the end onto tarmac and then R onto BW – Cut Road – round Great Fryup Head. R at the end onto tarmac 1.5 miles look for an unmarked double track on the L (if you have the OS 1:25 you will see it runs along the edge of Danby Rigg) cross a track and join the BW turning L to Ainthorpe – then on to Danby – R at cross roads and pick up the BW on L called Lords Turnpike – join road for 50m then R past Clitherbeck Farm – follw this track to the road then L up to Danby Beacon. Turn R onto the rough track and you will soon see a BW sign on the L – follow this all the way back to the reservoir.

uplink
    Free Member

If the weather is clear [& it looks like it’s going to be] along the edge of Whitestone Cliff is very pleasant
    loads of other stuff to link to it

Horse
    Free Member

Cheers DeeJay, will have a shufty at that one.
    uplink, I remember that path, climbed Nightwatch a few times on the cliff. Can remember chatting to a glider pilot as he passed and re-passed over my head as I was belaying. Really pissed my mate off on the other end of the rope.

Horse
    Free Member

Ok, having had a shufty at the STW guide from Issue 18 and DeeJay’s route we’re going to head Danby area. ish.
    Nest BIG question, pub?
    Need a real ale pub with a fire, preferably remote ish so we can crash in the van nearby (I mean sleep, not crash it pissed).

uplink
    Free Member

The Lion isn’t too far away & it’s definitely remote

http://www.lionblakey.co.uk/

Horse
    Free Member

Ha ha! Just found that one, we could ride from there, looks promising.

momo

The lion is a great pub to base yourself out of, do a cracking fry-up in the morning too 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

they used to allow camping etc in the garden

Horse
    Free Member

I’m sold. Cheers all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘North York Moors route suggestions please….’ is closed to new replies.