Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • North Surrey
  • Caher

HI all,
    I have a work colleague who has just got a job in the Reigate area and was wandering what it’s like to live there. I’ve been down there in the past riding the hills so could only tell her from a MTB perspective but someone can tell me some more it will be less she’s have to ask the estate agents.
    Thanks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Reigate is a nice town but houses are expensive.

Lots of eating places in the evening, nice big park in the centre(ish) and also the Castle Ground – good for summer lunchtimes. There are also some caves under Reigate you can get tours around.

Cute little cinema with a bar upstairs – very personal – last time I was there the manager was having to deal with loads of school kids during half-term – was in there sweeping out the popcorn off the floors with the rest of the staff whilst coming out to apologise to the waiting queue.

Had to talk sternly to the next batch of kids regarding their mobile phones, as he doned his stand-in ‘headmaster’ persona. I think it worked.

Reigate tennis club used be a very good standard and PWP Sports are good for well priced tennis kit. Also a decent squash club, both on Manor road.

Trains aren’t the best for London as I think you have to change at Redhill.

spacemonkey

We live in the sticks just down the road. Pretty much as TG describes, with trains taking 30-35 mins from Redhill. But with the right timing you only need to add a few mins from Reigate.

Shame that a couple of good restaurants have had to pack in; Westerley and Parador. A sign of the times maybe – but loads of other eateries around; Indian, Italian, Nepalese, Thai, French, Chinese, etc.

Local park much improved since the refurb – great for kids/families.

Great for biking IMO. I often ride from home and take in any combo of > Redlands > Leith Hill > Holmbury > Pitch > WF > Ranmore > Boxhill > Headley as well the trails along the NDW east of Merstham.

Property bloody inflated though. And don’t even get me started on the cost of childcare 👿

rewski
    Free Member

It’s nice in a very middle class nice way, house prices are expensive and fairly scarce, people seem to stay put. My boys love the park, got a great pirate ship if that’s your bag. Riding as you know is great all the way along the North Downs, I’m near Woldingham so ride over Reigate Hill and Box Hill a lot. You’d get more for your money around Merstham and Godstone area.

Caher

This is great. thanks all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘North Surrey’ is closed to new replies.