Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • North Cardiff Sunday 24th
  • taxi25
    Free Member

I used to post up a regular ride on mtb-wales , but that site has become something of a wasteland unfortunatly 🙁 In case there’s anybody interested there’s a low key ride meeting at the Lewis Arms Tongwynlais for a 10am start. It’ll be 2/3hours with a fair bit of clinbing but never more than a couple of miles from the meeting point. As ever all welcome. 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Your right mtb-wales is in reality no more, since the server upgrade the folk who run it seem uninterested and is festooned with spam posts now. Very sad was a great resource a few years back 🙁

chrispy

Agreed, When I first moved to Cardiff in 2003 the website was really useful and I met alot of great people though it.
    Seems to be more spam posts than real ones on the new website… very sad indeed.
    Hopefully make it to the Sunday ride (fingers crossed I’ll have shifted this cold by then) as I haven’t done a Wednesday night ride for ages and am getting bored riding on my own again. 😀

ell_tell
    Free Member

Thats sad to hear about mtb-wales as I always meant to post on that site to meet up with some locals for riding around Tongwynlais, particularly as my knowledge of that area isn’t too hot. I always liked the sound of the Weds night rides too.

I would be up for this Sunday but alas I’m moving house this weekend so a bit chaotic at the moment but definitely up for future rides if people post up on here (providing mods dont mind too much) 🙂

SaxonRider

It’s good to know this is still happening, Taxi25, even if I have the same trouble getting out on Sundays as I have ever had. Is the rider formally known as ‘Caer’ still making it regularly? 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

Hi Saxon The rider formally “known as” might well be out. The sunday morning rides sort of fell by the wayside. We do a fair bit of road riding now, and I tend to have saturday of instead of Sundays. If there’s any interest however I’ll post one up from time to time 😀

SaxonRider

@taxi25:

If you tend to have Saturdays now instead of Sundays, that actually works out better for me. Let me know via this site, and I will be happy to ride with you guys again. In the meantime, have fun this Sunday…

mooman
    Free Member

Yep – i ‘ll be there ( rider formally known as Caer )

and I make it alot more regular than the old-fella nowadays…

SaxonRider

Hey mooman. I wondered what your username was on here. If a Saturday ride comes off one of these days, we may actually ride together again. That is, you can ride and laugh at me when I end up on my a**.

mooman
    Free Member

SaxonRider – and you are the rider formally known as ….. ?

As Col said. We are doing alot of roady lately because of the nearing Dragon ride. These have been on Saturdays of late.
    That said – I still mtb Saturday & Sundays … and whenever i can throughout week.

As for me laughing at you falling off your bike – most mtb rides still see me crashing. So you get your chance to laugh back at me lol

SaxonRider

Sorry mooman. I assumed you could tell who it was. ‘Dr. Crash’ I think you called me in one of the vids you made a couple of years back.

Apologies for being cryptic; I just don’t want to cross-fertilise my forum identities!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

GGRRR jealous I love riding in Cardiff 🙁 but yeah I’m back next week for 4 days of riding goodnes .. and maybe occasionally seeing the parents!!

taxi25
    Free Member

Mooman with new riding buddy. As you can see Saxon the intellectual standard of our riding in South Wales hasn’t gone up at all 😯

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘North Cardiff Sunday 24th’ is closed to new replies.