Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • "normal" tires on UST Rims
  • bikeonaboat
    Free Member

I have some Mavic SLR’s and have been running maxxis crosmax LUST’s on them abroad, great tire, but slighly sketchy for Scottish conditions. I have in the garage some standard kevlar bead Panaracer’s and was wondering if they would fit properly with an inner tube. They are not Tubeless. They dont have the square bead that the Maxxis have. Do i have to fork out for actual tubes specific tires or can get away with running old style tyres and tubes for a couple of weeks?

Graham_Clark

They’ll be fine*… I only run non-tubeless tyres on my Stans rims (both with tubes and tubeless).

*Management reserves the right to be wrong about this 😉 but they shouldn’t give you any problems

WackoAK
    Free Member

No problem using a tyre and tube on a UST rim, if you’re lucky you may be able to get the tyre inflated with sealant and not need a tube.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    D0NK

panaracer’s beads were traditionally a bit loose for tubeless dunno if it’s still the case. I’ve run other makes of “normal” and “TR” tyres on UST rims no problem tho.

tonyd

I’ve got some SLRs and run non-UST racing ralphs through the drier months. As above they’re too loose to run tubeless but no problems at all with a tube.

D0NK

As above they’re too loose to run tubeless

just to clarify I’ve run normal tyres tubeless on UST rims, just not panaracers. I’ve run maxxis, continental and bontrager.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘"normal" tires on UST Rims’ is closed to new replies.