Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • No Sh1t…….. Really ?
  • BermBandit
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've seen it suggested that appendicitis is actually a disease which is harmless to children, and that it was almost unheard of before the development of hygeine…

miketually
    Free Member

I wonder if all the anti-bac gels being used everywhere to combat teh swineflus could have a knock on effect?

My kids spent a happy half hour playing with rocks from the garden yesterday 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

my god, they are playing with fire there

surely everyone who watches TV knows that EVERY SINGLE SURFACE YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH IS TEAMING WITH EVIL BACTERIA JUST WAITING TO MURDER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR SLEEP

miketually
    Free Member

surely everyone who watches TV knows that EVERY SINGLE SURFACE YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH IS TEAMING WITH EVIL BACTERIA JUST WAITING TO MURDER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN YOUR SLEEP

And THERE'S MORE BACTERIA ON A CHOPPING BOARD THAN IN THE TOILET!!!!111!!1!

Aristotle
    Free Member

There's nothing wrong with a bit of dirt, but….

Don't forget that in The Good Old Days, infant mortality was much higher than now and people were struck down by diseases and injuries that are now considered fairly harmless.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Out of interest my lad was diagnosed with Asthma at age 6 and given an inhaler by the GP all after about 5 minutes of "detailed investigation" into his persistant cough.

On reflection we enroled him into the local swimming club. He is now 25 has never used the inhaler, never had an asthma attack of any description and his currently training for the London Marathon and regularly swims a mile in his lunch break.

Same issue from a different angle.

meikle_partans
    Free Member

And THERE'S MORE BACTERIA ON A CHOPPING BOARD THAN IN THE TOILET!!!!111!!1!

what comedian was it who said that the only sensible response to that bit of information is "well thats obviously fine then, im not puking my guts up every twenty seconds, cant be a problem"

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Of course dirt is good but it's all about moderation. We obviously shouldn't feed children turds and we shouldn't make them live in a sterile clean-room!

But we should let them play outside and get dirty yet wash their hands with soap and water before they eat.

My wife grew up on a farm. She has an awesome immune system and no allergies.

wwaswas

"I've seen it suggested that appendicitis is actually a disease which is harmless to children"

I had a ruptured appendix at age 10, it was quite harmful.

dr_death
    Free Member

What he said ^^^

I've seen it put kids in ITU and kill previously healthy 20-odd year olds

ziggy
    Free Member

Also don't pretend to have chronic stomach pain when you are trying to skive off school because you haven't finished your coursework.

6 hours later they had removed my appendix 'just in case'.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘No Sh1t…….. Really ?’ is closed to new replies.