Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • night riding – can you hear the sofa calling ?
  • tobyho
    Free Member

cos I can..

to be clear I have never cancelled a night ride unless it is totally pisssing down.

but as i sit hear at work, readying myself for a blast thru the now muddy woods tonight, i know i will secretly be half wishing for a mass cancel from my riding buddies.

what do you say to yourself to get out on a dark cold night ?

Android
    Free Member

The promise of few pints at the end gets me out, whatever the weather 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i love it to be honest, i like the fact no body is ever about in the dark nights, you get the place to yourself and it pretty much changes a local route into something totally brand new…i always get excited about it at night, unless its pissing down, but even then i dislike that in the summer!

bring on nice crisp dark wintry evenings please!

ps. no rain!

thnx.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ive yet to do my first propoer night ride – last few days have been absolutely gash in terms of the weather. i dont mind rain, but strong gale force winds really sap my motivation!

i will be doing a ride soon though, i really enjoy night trail running – so riding a bike will be even better! (hopefully!)

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Pub for me too. I always go along in the hope that everyone else won’t be up for it and we can head straight to the pub. Never happens though and once I’m up the 1st hill I’m pleased I made the effort.

llama

last nights ride was dark from the off, wet, slippy, muddy, had next to no singletrack, and lots of road sections

it was great – roll on winter

carlosg
    Free Member

Been out riding 5 nights in the last 2 weeks and loved it , last night was a bit muddy but thats part of the fun.

MSP

Quite spooky riding last night, can’t ever remember it being that dark, and with most of the leaves still on the trees the canopy was cutting out what little natural light there was, didn’t help that I was cycling up to Frankenstein castle!

soobalias
    Free Member

very good chance that everyone will bail on tonights ride…. summer is over, its wet, its dark, end of the month blues etc etc.

but ive missed the last two thursdays and despite riding to work today, i will be out.

binners

We’re getting into ‘Proper’ nightriding territory now though. This is when it gets good. Having said that, I shall be spending this evening in the pub shouting abuse at City fans 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Out for my first MTB ride tonight since May at the Dyfi Enduro. THe road bike has completely taken over the summer season for me. It’s on and off rainy and probably a bit of wind but I’m quite looking forward to it even though the lunchtime spin class has taken the edge off my legs. It’s when it’s lashing it down before you even get out of the car that the fear sets in. It’s always fine once you are wet though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘night riding – can you hear the sofa calling ?’ is closed to new replies.