Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Night ride with 2 x Lum 601s
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Brilliant night ride last night – usually go with a mate who is stupidly quick and end up hanging on as best as possible but last night two decent but slightly more “normal” riders came along, one who has just (on my recommendation!) got himself one of Luminous’ 601s too.

The ride was fantastic – about 16 miles, 95% off road, at least two thirds of it extremely technical around Poldice Valley/Chacewater/Bissoe.

Just one snapped chain, one dead light battery (the rider with an old Lupine!) and lots of mud.

Light wise, our two 601s are just in a class of their own. Admittedly the Lupine is very old now (was £500 at the time though) and the other guy has an MTB Ayup (2 x 2 lights, one bar, one helmet mounted) but they seem very weak compared to Lum’s death beams. It also rained a lot, we got covered in mud but both ran perfectly. The ride was a good two hours (15-20 mins fixing the chain – used my 601 as a “flood” to help out!) and had the sort of terrain that would have lesser lights wobbling/rattling off the bars, flickering and dying in the rain or just running out.

My mate was very impressed – he was a little hesitant at spending £300ish on a light but is really pleased I recommended the 601 to him.

1800ish lumens of super quality light – no “gaps” just lovely brightness; however do NOT look directly at one on full – proper retina burner as I found out!

Lum has a great range of lights – one cableless, one helmet specific and the seriously bright 601 (6 XPG LEDS) and even brighter 701. Everything is top notch – the cases with lovely laser etching, the scratchproof lenses, the connectors – all sealed with O rings to keep water out. It just oozes quality.

Anyway I think they need a good shouting about and they certainly “made” last nights excellent ride. We are all really buzzing for that all important post ride pint!

Anyone else with them – shout too!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Patiently waiting for the S1…Luminous? 😉

Luminous
    Free Member

Surf-Mat.

Glad to see the ride went well and that you’re enjoying the lights.

Tell your mate with the Lupine that Smudge is the contact to get his battery fixed. Top work, good service.

Cheers

Luminous
    Free Member

PH.

S1 is with us, I need to update the website this weekend.

EDIT: Due to Pre-Orders, very limited numbers of S1, this side of Xmas.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lum – he has Smudge’s details (guy with the Lupine) – gave them to him about a minute after his battery died 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

S1 looking very nice…ygm 🙂

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

well done surf-mat, sounds like you saved the night!

Luminous
    Free Member

well done surf-mat, sounds like you saved the night!

Hes a rep for Awesomeness, to maintain 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Night ride with 2 x Lum 601s’ is closed to new replies.