Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Night ride (London area) this week
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Anyone keen for a night ride this week, usual riding buds aren’t around and still keen to get out as its supposed to be relatively dry. Usually head out towards either Swinley or Peaslake/Dorking areas. It’s too scary at night to ride solo 😯

akira

Hmmmm maybe, finishing building fatty this week so might be ready. What time do you normally start as can’t leave house till after seven normally and whereabouts you based?

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Based in SW London, Clapham Junction. Usually dont get the train until 7ish as otherwise its too busy.

akira

Awaiting chainset delivery, hopefully it’ll come tomorrow and then I can get the build finished.
    Based in Epsom and would probably drive so location too important. As an aside after a summer off due to injury I’m not in the best of shape!

jonnyblease
    Free Member

OK could do somewhere out near you? Do you know your way around pitch hill area?

akira

Not huge amount that near Epsom, Swinley or Peaslake way are my usual nightride haunts. I know my way around reasonably well but haven’t been out in the dark for a while.

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Happy with either, peaslake is closer to you so could be the better option

akira

I’ll let you know if chain set turns up and we can iron out some details then.

plumber
    Free Member

Broxbourne has some rather excellent night riding

shortcut

The tunnel hill trolls usually ride Monday, Tuesday & Thursday evenings somewhere around Farnborough Hants if that’s any good. Google will find you the info.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Also check out the Swinley Forest Mountain Bikers group on Facebook. Some night riding going on there, often Tues Swinley and occasional Surrey Hills

jonnyblease
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Akira – let me know via a PM.

akira

No PM on here and no email address in your profile, email me and we can work something out. Chainset arrived so bike ready for test.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Night ride (London area) this week’ is closed to new replies.