World Cup downhill is…

Home Forum Bike Forum World Cup downhill is…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • World Cup downhill is…
  • MoseyMTB

Realistically why would Peaty be slower as he gets older? It’s not XC.

It’s not like there is a lot of pedalling so I don’t see why he can’t carry on for years.

He still competes with the top guys.

But yes I totally agree, awesome season ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

It’s not like there is a lot of pedalling so I don’t see why he can’t carry on for years.

More than most people think!

Great season, missed Norway but that was it.

MoseyMTB

I guess the main thing to tKe into account would be reaction time?

I’m off to watch one on Redbull TV now.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

MoseyMTB – probably the biggest factor for older racers is motivation.
    Plus also, the earlier people start, the better they are going to be.
    Have you seen some of the groms racing whistler!

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Realistically why would Peaty be slower as he gets older?

Inability to heal as well as someone 20 years younger means fewer risks taken? Last season or the one before he was quite a way off the pace; hadn’t he just had a new kid? That will make a considerable mental difference. I’m the same age as him and I don’t take the same risks as when I was half the age with no wife or kids. I don’t think he’s been quite so bold since that big fall in Windham 3(?) years ago. He was flying that day then had a big wipe out. I don’t think he was hurt badly but big falls weigh on your mind. Sam Hill hasn’t been quite the same since some big falls and injuries. Old(er) bones don’t bend ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for pedalling, as someone said above, there’s a lot more pedalling than many people think. That’s one area that Peaty is (apparently) rather good at.

Anyone, the great thing is he got in some top 10s this year, so still has more talent and ability than most of the rest of the field could dream of having at the age of 39. Good on him and good on all of them for letting me see some ACE riding and racing.

badllama

This has to be the best sports event I’ve ever watched. Only been into MTB for a couple of years and caught it now and again last year but watched ever bit of the coverage this year Redbull do a cracking job just hope the TV companies never pick it up.

Edric 64

Downhill racing ? It`s just a very short technical time trial !! Bloody good to watch the top riders on technical courses though!

MoseyMTB

Peaty is my local hero, i don’t ever want him to stop lol.

Bought my first proper bike off him. A GT Backwoods.

Oh and I couldn’t even stay on the bike at the speeds they go ๐Ÿ™‚

Edric 64

just hope the TV companies never pick it up.

Why ever not ? surely that would increase the profile ,popularity and levels of sponsorship available ?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Realistically why would Peaty be slower as he gets older? It’s not XC.

I don’t think he’s getting slower – just the new guys are faster. Happens every generation in pretty much every speed related sport.

Subscriber

Hats off to Freecaster for giving me access to watch these races over the years, but credit due to Red Bull who have provide some absolutely superb coverage in the last 2 years. The cable cam at Leogang was awesome. I’m not sure a TV company could do as good a job.

justatheory

Amazing sport that requires huge balls, technical skill and fitness. It’s exciting to watch and very competitive. Suprised it’s not massive, I’d love to see it in the olympics.

Subscriber

Talking of huge balls, I couldn’t resist ๐Ÿ˜€

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfMQdFGTKAs&list=FLrla6bOSVIrnTY_N4JT_1mQ[/video]

Subscriber

…flipping awesome! What a season. Only just caught the replay from Leogang last night and what a race. Even though I (accidentally) found out the winners it was still incredibly exciting. The standard these guys (and girls, but especially the top guys) can ride at just astounds me. Even Peaty was showing some form; life in the old dog yet.

Can’t wait for next season.

That is all ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘World Cup downhill is…’ is closed to new replies.