Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • night out in dresden?
  • marcus7
    Free Member

i’ve got to go to dresden next week with work (shoot me now) is it good at night and where to eat/ beers etc?

tonyg2003

Dresden is a much nicer place than the UK mental image. Beautiful buildings by the river. Down by the cathedral/opera house is the tourist spot with quite a few resturants. Not exactly a serious night life sort of place though. With beer – anywhere – you won’t get a bad one.

Edric64
    Free Member

Bomber Harris didn’t like Dresden

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dresden is a smashing place, an absolute hoot, a blast even. I think it was JayZ who said it’s ‘da bomb’.

TAXI!

Houns

The Dresden is The Money Baby

househusband

I’d imagine it being reasonably modern – not much of it older than, say, seventy years..?

grim168
    Free Member

We rode through Dresden once on motorbikes. Had a laugh pointing out hit that and missed this at new and old buildings.

tonyg2003

You are confusing Coventry (worst sort of post-war non-discript planning mess) with Dresden. Everything applies to one not the other!

avdave2

So it goes…

uplink
    Free Member

My dad went to Dresden in 1945, didn’t land but said it was was well scary

roundwheels
    Free Member

i hear its booming there 😕

marcus7
    Free Member

well that clears up where to eat out then….

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My Grandad was in Lancasters 630 squadron, shot down and killed over Dresden, two weeks before the end of the war, so not a great night out for him. RIP Grandad.

rto
    Free Member

Dresden is cracking, I used to live there and I’d be back at the drop of a hat if I got chance.

The night life is all in the neustadt (newtown) on the north bank. Get the tram/bus to Albertplatz then walk up Alunstrasse. There’s loads of bars and restaurants. You can’t go wrong.

Jealous

binners

Its on Film 4 at the moment. Read Slaughterhouse five. Then you won’t want to go there anyway. Its mental!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘night out in dresden?’ is closed to new replies.