Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Nice things about Blackpool
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

One good thing about Blackpool, and I mean only one!! 8)

The Grand theatre…’tis truely lovely!!

samuri
    Free Member

didn’t that paedo off coronation street get killed there? That’s one good thing about blackpool.

MrNutt
    Free Member

black pool

it hardly stood a chance did it, why didn’t they just call it Tar Pit or Dirty Hole?

lowey

Had the best Rave clubs in the late 80s early 90’s.

Shaboo, Oz, Sequins ahh happy times.

Met my wife there, a Blackpool girl.

smokey_jo

Stanley Park, one of the finest municipal parks in the country. The council are currently in the process of creating an adrenaline sports park for the kids (and adults who don’t know better) including skateboarding, inline skating and BMX.

smokey_jo

Ah yes also met my wife there, also a Blackpool girl.

scaredypants

Went on a staggy there maybe 15yrs ago

None of us got in a fight 😯

The giant-glove boxing was ace, hungover on the Sunday morning

Philby

My uncle provides most of Blackpool’s chip shops with potatoes, so out of a sense of family loyalty I hope loads of people still go.

A trip to see the illuminations is OK – some are pretty amazing, especially those on the tram cars.

Also AdamG / snigletrack formerly of these parts is a resident – enough said 😉

rs
    Free Member

I had my first pizza hut twisted crust pizza there, It was awesome, god I wish they would bring that back!

Edit, this one

Poindexter
    Free Member

Also AdamG / snigletrack formerly of these parts is a resident – enough said

I know Adam quite well, having ridden with him many times. He used to own office and warehouse premises to the south of Blackpool next to the motorway (Marton I think), but he lives somewhere north of Preston in the Ribble Valley.

I believe he’s relocated his business to bigger premises closer to his home and closer to the hills for those cheeky afternoon rides. Lucky bugger…

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

In a world of cookie-cutter high streets and homogenised town centres, Blackpool stands out by so different to anywhere else in world.

For me that difference is worth celebrating!

A busy afternoon at the Pleasure Beach has an atmosphere that (IMHO) is fabulous.
    It has one of the world’s finest collections of wooden roller coasters, many of which are hugely underestimated.
    I’ve had some utterly wonderful days (and evenings) enjoying the buzz of the place.

Illuminations, the Tower, the lively nightlife.

Isn’t it all about perspective?

TM

footstomper
    Free Member

Only one good thing about Blackpool and that is the Northern soul weekend at the Tower Ballroom every Year. 😀
    Everything else is fookin crap although some of the sights you see on the way back to your hotel at nights can be fun to see. I didn’t have my camera last time but below are the types of things that you might come across!

😀

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Nice things about Blackpool’ is closed to new replies.